7th anniversary of the NC

1,695 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by alamoaggie 64
biobioprof
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thymes
I was there!

The confetti that came out of the rafters had a large proportion of green and blue. No maroon. I suppose the events staff thought another team would have one shining moment.

Gosh it was fun! I recall staying up all night, greeting the team when it got back to the Indie Omni hotel lobby, and then going out to an all-night hamburger and milkshake place with the girls about 3 a.m.
sharpdressedman
Thymes said:

I was there!

The confetti that came out of the rafters had a large proportion of green and blue. No maroon. I suppose the events staff thought another team would have one shining moment.

Gosh it was fun! I recall staying up all night, greeting the team when it got back to the Indie Omni hotel lobby, and then going out to an all-night hamburger and milkshake place with the girls about 3 a.m.
Thanks for sharing. It was a glorious night in my home, and the memories have been golden through the years. I can't recall being happier over any other Aggie sporting event.
biobioprof
Thymes
Here's a one-minute clip of the team's sendoff from the lobby of the Indie Omni about two hours before the tipoff.

Sendoff from Indie Omni
Cardiac Saturday
AG
I got totally wasted & was repeatedly playing a version of Bad Romance recorded by On The Rocks. Wife finally got pissed and left the house, getting herself a nice quiet motel room for the rest of the night. Finally went to bed and passed out - not noticing she was gone. Came back the next morning & gave me hell but is still by my side....
BQ92
AG
I was there and that trip is up in the top two of my Aggie sports memories along with the bonfire game.

I was relegated to the JW Marriott since there were not enough rooms at our team hotel. The JW was ND's hotel. The attitude was quite different the day after than when I arrived. They were completely in shock. Loved it!!!
rc_cat
Thymes said:

I was there!

Yes, the green/blue/yellow confetti was annoying - the other half (who wasn't at the game) suggested that perhaps it was intended to coordinate with the color scheme of the court, etc., but it wasn't anywhere near a match for that. I agree the staff got a little ahead of themselves.

I refer to that year as the time I roadtripped with the Aggies - Shreveport/Dallas/Indianapolis.

One of my favorite non-final four moments was standing in the will-call line outside the American Airlines Center in Dallas listening to the Baylor people behind me discuss what kind of clothing they would be packing for their trip to Indy - oops!
Thymes
Seven years ago today, the National Champions returned triumphantly to Reed Arena.

Before I die, I want another one!

[url=https://flic.kr/p/HLgqcd][/url]
TXAG4EVR
AG
Awesome memories! So glad we made a 3 generation Aggie trip!!
alamoaggie 64
"Sendoff from Indie Omni"

That was so damned fun! I loved the speech Coach Blair gave to the team on the bus. Same one Vic gave his team this year.
alamoaggie 64
Also loved the looks on the faces of the Stanford and ND fans--like they never suspected they would lose to a team with Texas in its name. Also fun to see UCONN loading up the bus and pulling away from the curb that second morning.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.