Transfers everywhere

11,112 Views | 49 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by JR69
biobioprof
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anriel is in a different category, IMO, but this was striking to me:

CDub06
AG
These...ladies ain't loyal
Rudybryan
no responsibility or commitment

I I I I I

parents living their dreams through their kids

mullokmotx
AG
Last week Gary said on the radio that it was too soon to predict championship prospects for next year because of transfers. Now we know that he was talking about Anriel, but I looked and 4 of the identified transfers were to SEC schools, including the girl who came here. I think every school listed who had someone transfer out was in the NCAA Tournament this year.
biobioprof
mullokmotx said:

Last week Gary said on the radio that it was too soon to predict championship prospects for next year because of transfers. Now we know that he was talking about Anriel, but I looked and 4 of the identified transfers were to SEC schools, including the girl who came here. I think every school listed who had someone transfer out was in the NCAA Tournament this year.
TCU and USC missed the NCAA Tourney this year. TCU played in the WNIT and made the semis, losing to Indiana. USC declined the invite to the WNIT.
NM12thmanfan
Loyalty is a 2 way street. You have no idea some the $h!! these coaches are shoveling. Nobody wants to talk about that though. The kids and parents are an easy target. I am hearing the NCAA may change the rules and allow a 1 time transfer with no red-shirt required.
biobioprof
A big list of transfers for this season:

https://wbbblog.com/2018/04/05/womens-basketball-transfers-spring-summer-2018/

I'd say loyalty is more than a 2 way street. Everyone has conflicting or reinforcing loyalties to many different people, including to themselves, and like Tolstoy says in Anna Karenina:
Quote:

Happy families are all alike; every unhappy family is unhappy in its own way.
The wisdom of this is amplified when one realizes that no family or team is completely happy 100% of the time.
biobioprof
BQ`81
AG
About to get worse.
CDub06
AG
What makes you say that
biobioprof

UConn fans saying Anriel is going to visit Storrs and that she's looked at Florida State.

https://the-boneyard.com/threads/howard-considering-uconn.127740/page-4

yes, that's me replying on that thread.
Bucketrunner
Just when I thought I couldn't dislike them more . . . .

I have no words to express how very disappointed I am in this young lady
Wicked Good Ag
I cannot express how proud I am of this young lady
biobioprof
Wicked Good Ag said:

I cannot express how proud I am of this young lady
I can share this wrt what she's accomplished in 3 years, and while I'm giving her more slack than Bucket, I'm having a hard time with thinking of a reason to be proud of how she's leaving.

I can imagine getting to understandable, but that's about it.
biobioprof
New Haven paper confirming a UConn visit.

https://www.nhregister.com/sports/article/Texas-A-M-rebounding-ace-Anriel-Howard-visiting-12829392.php

The list has clearly changed since the quote about 2 FF teams and some S16 teams.

Previously:
Quote:

Che Howard declined to name the four other schools USC is competing against for Anriel's services, but she did say that of the five finalists, two advanced to the most recent Final Four on the NCAA tournament and two others, South Carolina being one, made it to the Sweet 16.
now
Quote:

Howard, who also pulled down the fifth most offensive rebounds among Division I women's basketball players during the 2017-18 season, has already visited Florida State and is tentatively scheduled to make visits to Tennessee and Mississippi State. Her fifth visit is still yet to be determined, according to her mother, Che.
Thymes
biobioprof said:

It hurts now.

It will sting if she plays against us and beats us.
LawHall88
AG
Danni too?
Lurch
AG
WTF?????
Inca
AG
Taking graduate transfers seems like an odd move for UConn.

And Connecticut is a LONG way from New Mexico. Not exactly driveable for Danni's parents.

I thought Danni and Chennedy had kind of made peace as the season went along but apparently not.

Will be very sad to lose both of them.
hsvag
Can she go to an SEC school?
Inca
AG
As a grad transfer, she can go anywhere she wants to.
biobioprof
http://www.theeagle.com/aggie_sports/a-m-s-williams-exploring-options-visits-uconn-with-howard/article_1d5727fa-3f59-11e8-860b-cb408d9ead97.html
Quote:

Texas A&M junior shooting guard Danni Williams is weighing options for her senior season, and is accompanying Aggie junior forward Anriel Howard on a recruiting trip to Connecticut this weekend, according to the New Haven Register.

"Danni and I get along fine," said A&M head coach Gary Blair on Friday afternoon. "Danni just wants to explore her options and make visits. She doesn't say she's leaving, Danni has been nothing but great for us."
biobioprof
Thymes said:

biobioprof said:

It hurts now.

It will sting if she plays against us and beats us. gets everyone else to leave the team too.
GT_Aggie2015
AG
BQ`81 said:

About to get worse.
Someone may have called it if the news today is true.
Thymes
biobioprof said:

Thymes said:

biobioprof said:

It hurts now.

It will sting if she plays against us and beats us. gets everyone else to leave the team too.

That would be worse than a sting. It would inflict excruciating pain.
fitzwatema
AG
Hate to see anyone transfer out that has spent 3 years here playing a major role in our program. If it is true they are leaving because of the attention Carter is getting and their lack of attention and they are planning on transferring to another major program how can they expect things to be different. Most major programs have one or two players that get the majority of the attention. I love watching Anriel play and certainly agree that she was the heart and soul of the team this year. I always knew she was bringing all she had every game, all game long. Danni has been a pleasure too, but for me she never quite lived up to the billing she brought with her from New Mexico. I sincerely hope they find what they are looking for even if it ends up not coming back to A&M.
EMIN was WOW!

Quote:

If it is true they are leaving because of the attention Carter is getting and their lack of attention and they are planning on transferring to another major program how can they expect things to be different. Most major programs have one or two players that get the majority of the attention
This. They are going to be second fiddle or worse on a team like UConn (in fact it is likely to be worse on that team).

Either they are incredibly short sighted or really do not want to be part of this program anymore. Neither one is likely going to a better situation in terms of playing time, and maybe not in terms of title hopes either.
Thymes
It just might be possible that Danni is along for the ride. She finished a four-year program in three years, and maybe she's entitled to a little fun if other programs will pay for a visit. I think Lashes is gone but Danni comes back.

That would be a long drive from Clovis to Stores for her parents.
buckeylee
AG
Don't really know how to feel about Lashes transferring. I was envisioning her and Carter just destroying the opponent's defense when coupled with Danni's outside shooting.
The two scenarios seem to be outside family pressure or dissatisfaction with the program. I always thought 95% of our players were happy here. If it is family pressure, that is sad because it means she would rather stay but is being pushed from behind. That's not a good feeling I would think. It would also mean that those bonds are stronger than any she made at TAMU. I know, while I bleed maroon, family always comes first, so it would not surprise me for her to side with family. I just don't see how it is in her best interest to transfer at this point.
I would say, if I were going to transfer to try and be on a NC team somewhere other than TAMU, I'd head to Notre Dame. With everything they would have coming back and Muffett's postgame comments about her she might make them unstoppable. The Huskies doesn't seem like near as good of a fit as ND. I think SC would be a good fit but I don't know exactly how strong they will be next year. No comment on anything in Florida. With respect to Mississippi State, who wouldn't want to play for Vic but I think his talent is taking a hit with the graduations.
ON THE OTHER HAND
If she is transferring because program issues then I have really been out of the loop. I can't conceive of what would be going on. I guess I think so highly of all of the staff and particularly of her position coach, Coach Starkey that it would blow my mind. If it is because of friction with other players..... well who know.
I just know my enthusiasm for next year is taking a hit. BUT there isle outside of WBB, I think.
biobioprof
buckeylee said:

I would say, if I were going to transfer to try and be on a NC team somewhere other than TAMU, I'd head to Notre Dame. With everything they would have coming back and Muffett's postgame comments about her she might make them unstoppable. The Huskies doesn't seem like near as good of a fit as ND. I think SC would be a good fit but I don't know exactly how strong they will be next year. No comment on anything in Florida. With respect to Mississippi State, who wouldn't want to play for Vic but I think his talent is taking a hit with the graduations.
Notre Dame brings back almost everyone and gets Briana Turner back from injury. UConn fans are thinking of Anriel as a replacement for Gabby Williams and Danni taking Kia Nurse's spot.

Agree about any other SEC school including Tennessee, which appeared on the list in the latest Eagle piece.
Quote:

Howard, who will graduate in August, announced she'd explore her options during the women's Final Four. Howard, who averaged 12.1 points and 12.2 rebounds per game, already has visited Florida State and reportedly will visit South Carolina and Mississippi State with Tennessee and Oregon mentioned as other possibilities in her five schools.
Oregon makes even less sense to me in terms of fit. The Ducks would make some sense for Danni as a replacement for Lexi Bando - but Oregon already has ND transfer Erin Boley as a taller possibility for that role. For Anriel, Oregon will be loaded on the front line.
cedar
its simple. they are unhappy with the program. not the first and won't be the last. nothings been the same since vic left.
CDub06
AG
One of us should have flown to Connecticut this weekend, dressed like a ghost and convinced them that UConn is haunted.
biobioprof
CDub06 said:

One of us should have flown to Connecticut this weekend, dressed like a ghost and convinced them that UConn is haunted.
We seem to be haunted by Vic even though he's not dead.
biobioprof
Gap
AG

Quote:

LSU junior guard Chloe Jackson will be transferring from LSU for her senior season after the program granted her release, the program announced on Tuesday. Jackson started every game of her career at LSU and led the Lady Tigers in scoring last season with 18.1 points per game.

Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.