Hope this is a bad April Fools Day fake

15,173 Views | 87 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by CDub06
Thymes
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Quote:

It is funny that a man can leave early for the draft and it is no big deal. A woman makes a move to better position herself and it is bad news.
There's a difference between, on one hand, a player giving up a year of eligibility to enter the draft and, on the other hand, transferring in order to position herself for a pro career.

That difference is that she may play against us, and beat us, next year--if not in the regular season but in the tournament. That would really sting, especially when she hustles down a rebound in the characteristic Lashes way.

"Hey, that seems eerily familiar. We used to have a player who did that."
DogCompany74
AG
Purely speculation like everyone else, but possibly Garys identifying the team as "Carters team" from Day One this year, may have contributed to Anriel feeling that her outstanding leadership over the past three years was unappreciated . Gary up until this year was consistently pointing to Anriels leadership
And was always skeptical about freshmen's contributions . CC changed the team dynamic and I doubt Anriel can come back or would want to .
Hell Bent Canine -All or None
Wicked Good Ag
I hope she comes back but five this is what she wants then good for her. The men's team has gotten a grad transfer each year for the last few years. They left their team for whatever reason. Tough because she is my favorite on the team because I love defense.
If she wants a national title chance then she has about five schools to look at. If she wants a broadcasting grad degree then he'll we may see her in a Missouri Tiger uniform come 2019
biobioprof
Rudybryan said:

Here's a question? Wonder what the family input is.
If the number on the second tweet is really her mom's then she's in the loop at minimum.
greg.w.h
AG
I think we just need to let this work out. I won't try to read between the lines just out of respect for Anriel and her family. I appreciate her hard work and regardless of what actually happens next I wish her the best. She represented A&M very well and I want us to remember her that way when she does leaves whether this year or next.
rrtodds
AG
I haven't listened to much of TexAgs radio Monday-Tuesday, but there has been no banner story about Anriel leaving. Only today is the KTBX story from Sunday night posted. The only other info is coming from the two treads on this forum.

Is losing our best player that easy to ignore or is coverage coming soon?
CDub06
AG
It's not official yet, so maybe they just don't want to fan the flame. It was frontpage on The Eagle's website yesterday.
biobioprof
rrtodds said:

I haven't listened to much of TexAgs radio Monday-Tuesday, but there has been no banner story about Anriel leaving. Only today is the KTBX story from Sunday night posted. The only other info is coming from the two treads on this forum.

Is losing our best player that easy to ignore or is coverage coming soon?
Gabe and Logan talked about it on Monday. Whether or not coverage will come soon probably depends on whether there's more to say that isn't speculation.
mullokmotx
AG
The best report I saw was in the Bryan Eagle yesterday because Robert Cessna actually contacted Gary Blair.
mallen
AG
Totally speculative, but reading between the lines it sounds like the players just aren't getting along with each other. This seems to be the simplest explanation and usually the simplest explanation is not far from the truth.
biobioprof
Rudybryan said:

Here's a question? Wonder what the family input is.
http://www.thestate.com/sports/college/university-of-south-carolina/usc-womens-basketball/article208056219.html
Quote:

Che Howard declined to name the four other schools USC is competing against for Anriel's services, but she did say that of the five finalists, two advanced to the most recent Final Four on the NCAA tournament and two others, South Carolina being one, made it to the Sweet 16.

Notre Dame, Connecticut, Louisville and Mississippi State were this year's Final Four participants.
As for a timeline on Howard's decision, her mother said she would take official visits to all five schools first then choose soon after, "well before June."
cs69ag
AG
Looks like Dawn Staley may get her revenge over the Kelsey Bone transfer.
Does not sound like even a chance Lashes will return to A&M.
trackaggie76
AG
Some of this may be exacerbated by the impact on team chemistry when you bring in a superstar---maybe next year with three McDonald's AA's playing the star power will be shared a bit more. CC is incredible and I can't wait to see her improve (hard to believe that is possible).
cs69ag
AG
I hear Lashes's Mom moving to Florida....S. Carolina makes even more sense since she would like her daughter to be closer. Hate that we might be playing against her.

I also hear GB meeting with some player's parents this weekend. My source heard it from GB.

It has been nice getting some transfers in, but losing great players is tough.

I have been wondering if Lashes not even on second team All SEC set her and her Mom off...maybe blamed the staff for not promoting her enough, and thought maybe they focused on Carter and Hillsman. Carter was deserving. I would select Anriel over Hillsman, but they play different positions, so not sure how much a factor that was. They pick more than 5 players on each team.

Anyway I hear Lashes is gone for sure...so, we have to get over it, wish her well, and appreciate the 3 yrs she gave us.

biobioprof
So, basically what Thymes said initially: a parents thing.

I think I have been misreading the NC contender part. It may not be about finding a team with better chances than we would have if she stayed. Instead, maybe it's mom shopping her transfer prospects to convince Anriel that moving closer to home isn't so bad in terms of what she is giving up here.
Thymes
Anriel was raised by a single mom. Her mother has been instrumental in so many facets of her life. There's no dad available to balance off the tug from mom.

My major professor used to emphasize that in history, few events occur that are monocausal. I think that applies to contemporary events. Chances are, Lashes made this choice for a variety of reasons, some of which we are unfamiliar with. But her mother is indeed a major player in her life.

But it just torques me off to see that wild speculation on the other thread. Somebody has an agenda.
BanderaAg956
So will the via d treat her like football transfers?
Liberals are Damn Liars! Terminate Section 230! It has been ONLY 72!hours since my last banning for defending my conservative values against liberal snowflake cupcakes and the LIBERAL Mod’s that protect them! Fairness is a myth! Stop trying to silence us! Decent LAW ABIDING HUMAN BEINGS MATTER and so do our voices. When you protect the wicked, the Anarchist, the deviant, you become One of them!

ALL LIVES MATTER - I support police and motorcycle riders. Patriot Gun Owners Unite!
biobioprof
drevans956 said:

So will the via d treat her like football transfers?
Trying to guess what autocorrect did here...
CDub06
AG
Board! Thank you. Wasn't thinking autocorrect. I thought it was some Spanish slang I hadn't learned.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.