Hope this is a bad April Fools Day fake

15,170 Views | 87 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by CDub06
biobioprof
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BanderaAg956
Notre Dame, MSU, USCe, UConn?
Liberals are Damn Liars! Terminate Section 230! It has been ONLY 72!hours since my last banning for defending my conservative values against liberal snowflake cupcakes and the LIBERAL Mod’s that protect them! Fairness is a myth! Stop trying to silence us! Decent LAW ABIDING HUMAN BEINGS MATTER and so do our voices. When you protect the wicked, the Anarchist, the deviant, you become One of them!

ALL LIVES MATTER - I support police and motorcycle riders. Patriot Gun Owners Unite!
cs69ag
AG
thought she was still 5'11"
this shows 6'1"
sure hope this is a hoax!
Thymes
If this is a joke, it's an elaborate one.
gigum
AG
No joke!
Looks like USC, MSU or UConn getting our energy bunny.
Time to get Gary more time on the golf course and bring Vic home.
biobioprof
Thymes said:

If this is a joke, it's an elaborate one.
yes, and maybe it's just denial, but the follow up tweet combined with the date makes me wonder. If it's a fake, I would think it's someone else fooling McCormick, not something originating with him.

Not going to link the later tweet because it has a phone number I don't want to post here, but it talks about her wanting to go to a P5 school with a chance at a NC. I have a hard time believing Lashes would think she would have a better shot somewhere else. Not because I think we're a lock to go further, but because I think she is a leader of a team that thinks we can contend.

Add to that - who would be on the list? I wouldn't expect her to give up her starter role.
drevans lists
Quote:

Notre Dame, MSU, USCe, UConn?
  • Notre Dame loses Westbeld but expects Brianna Turner back
  • MSU and USCe lose key players and IMO are not going to be obvious upgrades
  • UConn rarely takes transfers and the ones they take tend to have multiple years of eligibility. Anriel does have similarities with Gabby Williams.
The contending school where she'd fit best might be Louisville, stepping in for Hines-Allen.

I'd be less skeptical if the reason was something personal, like waiting to see where Arden Key goes in the NFL.
Kbeauty63
AG
Oh I hope it is an April Fools joke... this will really break my heart if true
Wicked Good Ag
According to the movie Rudy Norte Dame doesn't accept senior transfers. Although that was set in the 1970s
Rudybryan
Brett

The one that posted Nichols too

BanderaAg956
Louisville could be another good match.

Maybe Oregon.

I just hope it isn't Texas or Baylor!

If this is true, this is a huge indictment against Gary and his staff from one of his best players! That is huge, IMHO!!
Liberals are Damn Liars! Terminate Section 230! It has been ONLY 72!hours since my last banning for defending my conservative values against liberal snowflake cupcakes and the LIBERAL Mod’s that protect them! Fairness is a myth! Stop trying to silence us! Decent LAW ABIDING HUMAN BEINGS MATTER and so do our voices. When you protect the wicked, the Anarchist, the deviant, you become One of them!

ALL LIVES MATTER - I support police and motorcycle riders. Patriot Gun Owners Unite!
Wicked Good Ag
Shut up

If she graduates let her make the decision. I applaude her for finishing in three years if this is true.
Rudybryan
we hv had previous players who finished early and did their grad work...while playing

she has one more year player eligibility left
BanderaAg956
Wicked Good Ag said:

Shut up

If she graduates let her make the decision. I applaude her for finishing in three years if this is true.

Getting her degree in 3 years is great. Bailing on the team for her senior year is a vote of "NO CONFIDENCE" in Blair and his coaching staff!

Wicked Good Ag
You must hate aggie athletics the way you post

Thymes
If a kid wants to change schools, more power to her.

What is disturbing here is that there are people who are ready to use anything they can find to discredit our our coach.
mullokmotx
AG
I love watching Anriel play and with her I believe we can contend not only for the SEC next year but for a Final 4 spot. Her team came very, very close this year.
But she needs to make her own decision based on her own priorities and all we can do is to encourage her to come back here to play this next year. If she doesn't graduate until August she has time to decide what to do and she may decide the best thing is to play here.
coldmoose
Really hoping that Anriel is back next year. I have enjoyed watching her play. She has been a tremendous asset to the program.
Thymes
drevans956 said:

Okay, I love cave dwellers and people that stick the head in the sand!
So, If I don't agree with your assessment that we should change head coaches, I'm a cave dweller.

I'll stick with our Hall of Fame coach who resurrected Aggie Women's Basketball, who won a national championship, who hasn't missed the NCAA tournament in a dozen years or more, and who brought us to the Sweet Sixteen this year -- losing to the eventual national champion.

I'll stick with the coach who will start three McDonald's All-Americans next year (Carter, Johnson, Wilson), all of whom will be sophomores, and a senior player (Williams) who was a 5-star. And maybe, if this is an elaborate hoax, a 3-star with the heart of a five-star.

See you at the Final Four.

Sincerely,
Head in the Sand Cave Dweller
Rudybryan
texags tweet

All we know as of tonight is that Howard has not asked for a transfer. That doesn't mean she won't...I have no idea either way. But she has not done so yet.
biobioprof
Rudybryan said:

texags tweet

All we know as of tonight is that Howard has not asked for a transfer. That doesn't mean she won't...I have no idea either way. But she has not done so yet.
Embedding for you

biobioprof
Also, remember this thread?

https://texags.com/forums/58/topics/2847107
Expert Analysis
AG
I dont think they would send that letter if she hadnt requested a transfer.
Other coaches cannot talk to her unless given permission, the AD doesnt give unlimited permission unless asked by the player.
lilsportag02
AG
She's gone! From what I'm hearing...there's more to come
Hand Of God
AG
Yikes. The chatter here makes it sound like the program is about to take a big hit.
jja79
AG
Why would she have to ask for a transfer as a graduate?

Batson is the compliance guy and never struck me as a prankster.
aggieFann
This makes me so sad. I didn't see this coming especially after the great year she had. I'm completely baffled to say the least.
Thymes
Unconfirmed from a friend close to the team: It's a parents' thing. Mom and Dad are unhappy that Anriel is not receiving enough national recognition. This was happening during the time when Chennedy and her parents were being flown to Columbus to receive one of the national freshman of the year awards.
jja79
AG
When a player looking for PT leaves or player leaves to move up in class I understand. When a star on a Sweet 16 team leaves something doesn't seem right.
Gap
AG
I understand she wants to be a sports broadcaster. It seems like getting an internship with 12th Man Production that does all of our SEC Network content would provide her with an experience and opportunity few other schools could while playing basketball.
mullokmotx
AG
KBTX in Bryan reported tonight that Anriel has received the okay for other schools to talk to her but that no decision to transfer has been made. Last week Gary was on the radio with Gabe Bock and was asked about the prospect of contending for the SEC next year with so many SEC teams losing key players. I recall him saying that no one knows how transfers would impact things.
Chuck Gay
AG
So, is she actually looking to transfer or has she just received the official approval to do so given that she will be eligible as a graduate? Or does anyone here really know? This is where we miss local media having an interview.
Method Man
Good for her. I wish she would stay but If she wants to be the star it isn't going to happen.
biobioprof
Gap
AG
Could he have followed up with something inquisitive like "why"? Both Lashes and A&M have benefited greatly from the relationship. It has been a good one and I'm curious as to "why".
aggieFann
Wow so it is true. This is heartbreaking. I really thought we would grow as a unit with her, carter, and Williams returning. This is a major blow to the team. Who is going to replace a walking double double next year now?
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.