2018 WBB coaching carousel

2,660 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by biobioprof
biobioprof
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Time for the annual wondering if any of our assistants move up anywhere. Vic was talking up Johnnie Harris the other day too.

Super detailed list here: http://boards.rebkell.net/viewtopic.php?t=93141

Teams we played:

Candi Whitaker was canned at Texas Tech what seems like a looooong time ago.
Matt Insell out at Ole Miss after the SEC tourney.

Other notable (P5 mostly):
Clemson
Virginia
Washington State

Cincy firing Jamelle Elliot got Auriemma and Lobo and UConn fans upset, and saying how she was treated would make it hard to hire a replacement but they've already hired the W. Kentucky coach. Elliott had been at UC for 9 seasons. This was her best year, but that was a 19-13 record and a first round exit from the WNIT. Her replacement, Michelle Clark-Heard, took W. Kentucky to 4 NCAA appearances and 2 WNITs in 6 years and never won less than 22 games.

Of the open jobs, Virginia is probably the most attractive. They made the NCAA tournament and beat Cal this year.
BQ92
AG
biobioprof said:

Of the open jobs, Virginia is probably the most attractive. They made the NCAA tournament and beat Cal this year.

and I think Dawn Staley would make an excellent fit back at UVA
biobioprof
BQ92 said:

biobioprof said:

and I think Dawn Staley would make an excellent fit back at UVA
I posted those rumors on a different thread, but after that people on various WBB sites said Dawn had some sort of grudge about her alma mater based on something from a previous HC search. No idea if true, but she shot the idea down pretty quickly when asked. There was also stuff about having already moved elderly parents to SC.
biobioprof
Article about why Boyle retired at Virginia

http://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/22954479/virginia-cavaliers-coach-joanne-boyle-retired-daughter-adoption
Quote:

The sudden retirement of Virginia women's basketball coach Joanne Boyle was triggered by an ongoing battle to finalize the adoption of her Senegalese daughter, she told The Washington Post.

Boyle needs to take Ngoty, 6, back to Senegal to complete the adoption process, which could take years based on the required paperwork.

"It hit me like a ton of bricks," Boyle told the Post. "I didn't fathom that would be a part of this journey."

If her and her daughter's case is granted preliminary approval by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, they would return to Senegal for final approval at the American consulate in a process that would take months. Without that preliminary OK, additional paperwork could drag their case out for years.

After obtaining legal guardianship of Ngoty, Boyle initially brought her daughter to the United States in 2014 on a tourist visa. Ngoty overstayed the visa after she fell ill, Boyle told the Post.
biobioprof
biobioprof
New opening at Pitt:

Possibly significant change on Nikki Fargas' staff at LSU

biobioprof
biobioprof
biobioprof

posting in this thread to give Rudy a chance tonedit the title of the other thread on Thompson.

Interesting that this didn't happen until after the #1 recruit, from Virgina, announced she will go to ND.
biobioprof
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.