UCONN and Discipline

1,574 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Cardiac Saturday
trackaggie76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
UCONN is unbelievably talented but more impressive IMO is their discipline. Even the small things. No players with their waistbands rolled up or straps of their shirts rolled. total team effort. Only one standard-Geno's.
Cardiac Saturday
AG
He's a good coach but I think a bit of a poor sport based solely on the fact that he had his starters in until the last minute with a 29 point lead....
Artimus Gordon
Hen was just sending a message to his opponent
Cardiac Saturday
AG
He did just that - loud and clear...
Rudybryan
He always does that .....you play 100% full blown all 40 minutes or you sit your ass on the bench

He always stated he didn't want them to get an idea that you don't always have to give 100%....he doesn't care if he is up 100 points the starters are in
Hand Of God
AG
Playing your starters late into an Elite 8 game against premier competition is not poor sportsmanship. Geno has separated his program from everyone else over the last decade because he has higher standards than everyone else. Other coaches need to be following his lead and learning from his approach.
Cardiac Saturday
AG
Ya'll are entitled to your opinions but I'll keep mine....
trackaggie76
AG
He pretty much kept his starters in until Staley pulled Wilson and her starters. I think it was actually a sign of respect rather than disrespect.
Cardiac Saturday
AG
"He pretty much kept his starters in until Staley pulled Wilson and her starters. I think it was actually a sign of respect rather than disrespect."

Track - thanks for that insight & the thoughtful, reasoned post. Just seems to me that Geno, while being probably the best women's bb coach in the US, has a tremendous ego that constantly requires stroking and that he accomplishes that by shaming about everyone in UConn's path. Just my point of view. Thanks again!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.