Next year's lineup

3,170 Views | 29 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by biobioprof
Thymes
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Who are the two transfers sitting out this year?

Who are the two who didn't play at all this year because of injury?
BanderaAg956
I hope we can get Danni Williams out of her funk. She is a shooter that has lost her confidence once Carter came along.
Liberals are Damn Liars! Terminate Section 230! It has been ONLY 72!hours since my last banning for defending my conservative values against liberal snowflake cupcakes and the LIBERAL Mod’s that protect them! Fairness is a myth! Stop trying to silence us! Decent LAW ABIDING HUMAN BEINGS MATTER and so do our voices. When you protect the wicked, the Anarchist, the deviant, you become One of them!

ALL LIVES MATTER - I support police and motorcycle riders. Patriot Gun Owners Unite!
Rudybryan
About Ciera Johnson transfer from Louisville
  • Averaged 4.0 points and 2.3 rebounds for Louisville in 2016-17, playing in all 37 games
  • Rated the No. 1 post player and No. 13 recruit in the 2016 recruiting class by ESPN HoopGurlz
  • Five-star recruit who played in the McDonald's All-American Game and the Jordan Brand Classic
JR69
AG
drevans956 said:

I hope we can get Danni Williams out of her funk. She is a shooter that has lost her confidence once Carter came along.
Not including this game, which won't hurt her averages, her shooting percentages are better this year than either of her first two seasons.
BanderaAg956
Johnson
Wilson

I hope we can get Nichols, Martin, Wilson, Wells, Jones and Johnson playing at a high level!
Liberals are Damn Liars! Terminate Section 230! It has been ONLY 72!hours since my last banning for defending my conservative values against liberal snowflake cupcakes and the LIBERAL Mod’s that protect them! Fairness is a myth! Stop trying to silence us! Decent LAW ABIDING HUMAN BEINGS MATTER and so do our voices. When you protect the wicked, the Anarchist, the deviant, you become One of them!

ALL LIVES MATTER - I support police and motorcycle riders. Patriot Gun Owners Unite!
BanderaAg956
JR69 said:

drevans956 said:

Not including this game, which won't hurt her averages, her shooting percentages are better this year than either of her first two seasons.

Agreed,

But she has these swings were she either misses a lot in a game or doesn't attempt me shots. Yea, I know they wanted to deny her the ball, but she had some shots she wouldn't take.

Gap
AG
Hopefully, we hit the high school recruiting a little harder in the coming year. I think Coach Blair is one of the finest coaches in the nation. Sometimes, he just needs a little more ummph on his roster. If someone is having an off day, it would be nice to be able to go to the bench and get a positive surprise.
lbasham
AG
With transfers 5 star post Ciera Johnson and 5 star Aliyah Wilson now eligible, we should have a very salty team.

Carter 5 star pg

Johnson 5 star post

Wilson 5 star wing

Williams 5 star wing

Howard 4 star with a 5 star heart

plus improvement from many 4 star reserves, the sky is the limit.
batdc
Unless he brings in a coach that can coach defense, it really will not mater, be another disappointment
soso33
Personally, I don't consider sweet sixteen appearances to be disappointments. I think Blair did a hell of a job this year.
LatinAggie1997
AG
We played a 1 seed and had an opportunity to win. We played well enough to win. Just going by the stat line we lost because ND shot 10% better than us from the field and from three. We have struggled defensively since Vic left and have had short (non-existent) benches. We make some adjustments and we can be back in the FF next year.
aggieFann
I know that transfer Wilson will make an immediate impact but this will create somewhat of a conflict as her and Danni both play the 2 guard unless we move Wilson to the 3-guard and keep Lashes at the 4 but that would be a small 1-4 lineup. I watched a few clips of Johnson when she was at Louisville and i hope she has improved since her Freshmdn year. It would be nice if she was a little more mobile and could hit a short jumper from time to time so we shall see. Does anyone know who the two players are that had to redshirt this year because of injuries? I'm thinking one is Jackson but I'm not sure who the other is
fightinag
Once Again.........................
NEXT YEAR IS HERE.......again
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
fightinag said:

Says every team not in the finals .
fightinag
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas said:

fightinag said:

Says every team not in the finals .
The TEXAS A&M mantra
NEXT YEAR IS HERE.......again
lbasham
AG
Fann, it is Jasmine Williams, a 1 or 2 from Cypress.Correct, Jackson is the other.
aggieFann
lbasham said:

Fann, it is Jasmine Williams, a 1 or 2 from Cypress.Correct, Jackson is the other.
Thank you
sharpdressedman
Rudybryan said:

• Averaged 4.0 points and 2.3 rebounds for Louisville in 2016-17, playing in all 37 games
  • Rated the No. 1 post player and No. 13 recruit in the 2016 recruiting class by ESPN HoopGurlz
  • Five-star recruit who played in the McDonald's All-American Game and the Jordan Brand Classic

Those first two bullet points don't seem to go together. If she can rebound like Howard, the team will own the boards.

Also, congratulations to the players and coaches on an exceptionally fine season!
JR69
AG

Rudybryan said:

Those first two bullet points don't seem to go together. If she can rebound like Howard, the team will own the boards.

Also, congratulations to the players and coaches on an exceptionally fine season!
https://gocards.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=6349

She only averaged 12 minutes per game as a freshman at Louisville.
sharpdressedman
JR69 said:

Rudybryan said:

https://gocards.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=6349

She only averaged 12 minutes per game as a freshman at Louisville.
Thanks.
biobioprof
Stars in WBB may be even more hit and miss than in other sports. From a gamethread for our game on another site:
Quote:

Per HoopGurlz, Chennedy Carter was the #6 rated recruit out of high school.

#1 Megan Walker - Connecticut
#2 Evina Westbrook - Tennessee
#3 Rellah Booth - Texas
#4 Chasity Patterson - Texas
#5 Sidney Cooks - Michigan State
Most of them may go on to be strong contributors, but they haven't had anything close to Carter's impact. Westbrook is the only other who has started as a freshman. Booth has been a disaster for tu, and Patterson has fewer total minutes than Booth.

HiddenAg2
lbasham said:

With transfers 5 star post Ciera Johnson and 5 star Aliyah Wilson now eligible, we should have a very salty team.

Carter 5 star pg

Johnson 5 star post

Wilson 5 star wing

Williams 5 star wing

Howard 4 star with a 5 star heart

plus improvement from many 4 star reserves, the sky is the limit.
I would argue Howard is A&M's most important player and she holds the team together with her hustle and incredible rebounding skill. And now that she is scoring as well, she is a 5 star talent in my opinion. Notice that when she went out for an extended period vs. ND that is when they went on their big run to catch up and take the lead. Howard has to be on the floor for A&M to be elite.

Overall the season was good, but A&M won't make it beyond the Sweet 16 again unless we start playing some defense. We don't have to be Vic-level good but we need to be at least average. Right now we are a horrible defensive team under Starkey.
Rudybryan
Overall the season was good, but A&M won't make it beyond the Sweet 16 again unless we start playing some defense. We don't have to be Vic-level good but we need to be at least average. Right now we are a horrible defensive team under Starkey

CHECK ur stats we r not horrible
NoDakSt
Its being reported that Nichols is seeking a transfer.
NoDakSt
Bret McCormick @ASGR1995 59m59 minutes ago

6'5 Freshman post Emer Nichols will be transferring from Texas A&M. Coaches can contact Chris Johnson 832-908-0121.
0 replies 7 retweets 4 likes

Thymes
Generally, do the players or the coaches initiate transfers?
Kbeauty63
AG
Beyond sad to read this... I thought she played well - and IMO would have been in line to start next season...
Rudybryan
grass always looks greener on the other side......

have to wonder is she afraid of competition for position?

biobioprof
Kbeauty63 said:

Beyond sad to read this... I thought she played well - and IMO would have been in line to start next season...
Are you thinking of the right player, KBeauty? Emer only played in 12 games all year, 4 in conference. She had the fewest minutes of anyone except Aaliyah Jackson, who got a medical redshirt after 3 games. I think Emer would have been the 3rd post on the depth chart again behind Johnson and Martin. And given Blair's coaching style, N'Dea Jones is likely to see more post minutes in small lineups.

I liked Emer's attitude on the bench, she was always enthusiastically rooting for teammates, and the piece Carter wrote last week also made it sound like she was a fun kid to be around.
Quote:

And the locker room is our living room. It's our spot. I'm going to give you the quick tour:

Alright, so you just stepped inside our living room at Reed Arena. First thing you see is Emer Nichols and she dancin'.
I also recall Coach praising her after one of the games for being the only one who figured out that a fake was needed to get a shot off against a good shot blocker.

I find myself wondering if there are non-basketball reasons here. Emer was a pre-med BIMS major. That can be a tough transition out of HS for many students and these days enrollment growth makes just getting your schedule set up with intro math, chemistry, and biology tough. I don't know if athletes get preferred enrollment but there are sections that are limited by majors at the department and college level.

We've had athletes succeed in STEM majors before - CWalk and Jennings most recently in WBB and Ryan Tannehill was pre-Med Biology IIRC - but it's an extra challenge.
Kbeauty63
AG
Biobio - Probably not...but I do agree she was very enthusiastic on the bench - and SEEMED to enjoy her freshman year @ A&M...

And you are probably right - there may be non-bball reasons in play. Still sad though...
biobioprof
Kbeauty63 said:

Biobio - Probably not...but I do agree she was very enthusiastic on the bench - and SEEMED to enjoy her freshman year @ A&M...

And you are probably right - there may be non-bball reasons in play. Still sad though...
I should add that I'm totally speculating about non-basketball reasons. I have no inside info on this.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.