WBB Annual Awards Banquet

3,503 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Thymes
Rudybryan
How long do you want to ignore this user?

https://secure.touchnet.com/C21490_ustores/web/classic/product_detail.jsp?PRODUCTID=10007
Rudybryan
ttt Don't forget
Kbeauty63
AG
The banquet is always a good time. Fun to see the girls 'dressed up'. Khaalia loves to wear 4" heels - heck most of them do! And to hear the speeches from the seniors is special
Rudybryan
Rudybryan
ttt
aggieFann
For all of those attending the banquet, this is your time to let Howard know how much she is appreciated here.
sharpdressedman
aggieFann said:

For all of those attending the banquet, this is your time to let Howard know how much she is appreciated here.
Could be a very uncomfortable situation that casts a long shadow on what should be a joyous night.
aggieFann
Time to celebrate the sweet sixteen season tomorrow
biobioprof
Who's going? I can't. Can we get a report later?
mullokmotx
AG
Anriel named MVP. She was there.
Thymes
We went. Anriel Howard won MVP. Hillsman gave the best speech.

Speeches were tightly disciplined and nobody rambled on. Steve Miller was MC.

We sat at a table with Kayla Wells. Very well-spoken young lady. She told us the story of her family's escape from Hurricane Katrina and subsequent move to Texas. She had a cute phone picture of her and Chennedy playing youth ball together about 10 years ago.

No public mention of Howard's situation, but her parents (mom and stepdad) weren't there.

Pretty good highlight video.

Gary was very optimistic about next year.
Kbeauty63
AG
It was good, all the ladies looked lovely. Khaalia's was the best - and I have more respect for her - she's one tough cookie! And didn't know that Jazz wanted to be a nurse!
Gap
AG
I saw Khaalia today when visiting Mays Business school with my son. I have seen her play many times, but had no idea she was a Marketing major. She is definitely taking advantage of the opportunity at Texas A&M!
aggieFann
Thanks to everyone who shared
biobioprof
Thanks for the reports!
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
aggieFann
2017-18 Texas A&M Women's Basketball Awards
MVP Anriel Howard
Miss Aggie Danni Williams
Miss Offense Chennedy Carter & Khaalia Hillsman
Miss Defense Jasmine Lumpkin
Miss Hustle Anriel Howard
Most Improved Jasmine Lumpkin
Newcomer Award Chennedy Carter
6th Man Award Kayla Wells
Academic Award Jada Walton
Noel Devin '04 Season's Greatest Fans Mike & Diana Connor
trackaggie76
AG
Sounds like a great evening---glad speeches were somewhat controlled. I went to one years ago that lasted way past my bedtime--I was hoping they were going to serve breakfast!

Proud of the team this year!
mullokmotx
AG
Gary said he is designing a new offense for next season emphasizing the 3.
cs69ag
AG
Re the 3 ball, Carter and Danni shoot it pretty well, and I think Wells, Walton and others likely can be good at it
if practiced enough and is a part of the O by design, and not because the set play did not work and a 3 is shot in desperation to beat the clock!

Surely GB has noticed that UCONN, ND. Louisville and Miss State were all good at it. You have to have the talent, but you also have to make it part of the O! Hopefully he knows if a team makes 3 out of 10 3 balls, you have to make 5 of 10 two point shots to beat you. Good 3 ball teams make more like 35-40%, so glad GB looking at it. I think we have the talent!
Thymes
Here's the season highlight video shown at the banquet:

https://www.facebook.com/AggieWomensHoops/videos/1786316014741080/?hc_ref=ARTq15pH4aZRfAZG-eQ75woi9HGKOjy5DQKBzsv7zGVezqXUz85r0ABK9eVgsCpKUVo
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.