Rolling up waistband on basketball shorts

4,019 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Rudybryan
trackaggie76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Can't Adidas make basketball shorts that are not quite as long--so the players who don't like the really long shorts won't have to roll the waistband.

alamoaggie 64
Reminds me of my wife and her friends in Catholic school.
biobioprof
I hadn't realized this was going on in MBB for several years. I think the first time I noticed anyone talking about rolling shorts was for a freshman goalie in Aggie Soccer we had a few years ago.

From a piece about MBB players doing it from 2014
Quote:

it's worth noting that six of the nine schools on that chart are outfitted by Under Armour. By interesting coincidence, Under Armour shorts have the company's branding on the inner band, while Nike shorts do not (a rare deviation from Nike's usual practice of slapping a swoosh on every available surface). All of which raises a question: Are players on Under Armour teams more inclined to flip their waistbands because they like to flash the company's logo? Is band-rolling also brand-rolling for these players?

I admit that I have noticed the amount of leg the players show (Kayla!), but hadn't been looking at their waistbands. Looking back at the photo galleries, it's really striking how many of our girls do it. I think Khaalia Danni, Caylinne, and Emr may be the ones who don't. The telltale is the light triangle at the top of the maroon stripe on the side. Compare Anriel and Danni in this one.

Jasmine also rolls, but sometimes less. For her the giveaway is the exposed drawstring.

I'm old enough to remember when BBall was all short shorts and how it was a big deal when Michigan's Fab Five started wearing the long ones. The funny thing is that for several years now short gym shorts and T-shirts have practically been a uniform for female Aggies when the weather is mild or hot... which means the team may be changing into longer shorts when they change from street clothes to their uniforms.

Too cold for those now, so it's yoga pants everywhere.
trackaggie76
AG
Just think it diminishes the classy appearance of the uniform when the players roll up the waistband. I noticed that Aja Wilson (South Carolina) wears shorter shorts made by Under Armour---Adidas needs to do it too!
Rudybryan
If they win games I don't care ...you can wear them inside out if you want to
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.