***** BTHO Tennessee!! (again) *****

4,013 Views | 57 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Rudybryan
greg.w.h
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ouch.
Potcake
AG
Well Poop!
cs69ag
AG
tired teams with players having to play too many minutes melt down in the 4th qtr against good teams
BanderaAg956
I just can't understand why Blair won't develop and use his bench!
biobioprof
If it wasn't going to be too painful, I'd almost want to rewatch what happened. Although the obvious story is Carter wearing down, it also seemed like our movement off the ball was shut down by the Vols athleticism. Was Carter not passing because she wasn't seeing open teammayes or were the teammates not open?
MidTnAg
AG
Players always play too many minutes. Blair probably plays reserves far less than any other SEC coach.

Thus, against quality teams our players get worn out much more so than the other team's players.
MidTnAg
AG
Living in Tennessee, I hate losing to Tennessee more than any other SEC School.
MidTnAg
AG
We were outscored 25 to 8 in the last quarter. A main reason was our players were just too worn out.
mullokmotx
AG
Their aggressive defense had an effect on us. Will be worse when we play in Starkville so we better get used to it. We had a great chance to tie it up down 65-61 because they had 3 straight turnovers and a missed shot but we couldn't score. Danni only took 4 shots. It's been mentioned that teams are going to take away Danni and Khaalia and let Chennedy wear herself out trying to go 1 on 5 and it worked good tonight.
BanderaAg956
MidTnAg said:

We were outscored 25 to 8 in the last quarter. A main reason was our players were just too worn out.

It seemed like our 4th Quarter strategy was to let a tired Carter do whatever she wanted and she was a liability late.
Scar Tissue
AG
Carter took 27 shots and had 7 turnovers.
Rudybryan
Scar Tissue said:

but was 11/27 I thought I heard
biobioprof
Rudybryan said:

Scar Tissue said:

but was 11/27 I thought I heard
You are correct.

Only 4 shots for Danni is part of why I want to see an analysis of off ball D. That affects the opponent's ability to sag on Khaalia. It also seemed like there were several times when Anriel would get the ball in the high post, look around, and find nobody open.
hsvag
Blair refuses to admit his starters wearing down is a problem, although it's obvious to everyone else in the universe. He reiterated that in his interview earlier today/
ontheway
AG
It's not cool I guess to question a HOF coach but coach Blair needs to fix the 4th qtr fatigue of our starters. Every coach is going to concentrate on Danni and Khaalia and run the starters for 4 qtrs.? Chennedy is awe some but she can't win it by herself. She JACK'S up too many shots. I dunno but we have a really good team and coach knows how to fix the problem. We'll see.
ontheway
yarddog8
Don't care what coach says, too many minutes during the early season games haunts the ladies in conference and post season. Plus the defense has sucked since Vic left.
Wicked Good Ag
I think Blair knows his team best but personally i would rather see some gradual play from some reserves a few minutes in one half and some subtle changes to the lineup rather than bench play when foul troubke occurs

I think Carter tries to take over the game in the last few minutes if the game is on the line. She hasnt done well in that situation except once if i recall
biobioprof
aggieFann
What a first half for Lumpkin. I'm proud of how she stepped up. I knew teams were going to start sagging off of her. We played decent for three quarters but as everyone mentioned, the defensive pressure if Tennessee and tired legs along with turnovers and forced shots deflated us in the 4th. I would say I'm surprised Coach didn't mention playing his bench in the post game interview, but then again it's been his motto the last two years. Against top teams that are more athletic, we are going to tire ourselves out because of the lack of trust he has in his bench. It's quite disappointing but hopefully we can bounce back after this. Also, I can't bekieve Danni only had a few attempts the entire game.
Rudybryan
Three cheers for Coach sticking up for Holly......
Rudybryan
Listen to this Holly interview very interesting

around 8min she talks about Gary
Houstonag
AG
We will never be a top 5 or top 10 team with this kind of strategy. We played bad . Very bad. Reasons are obvious. Blair can pontificate all he wants but there is a multi year trend here Mr. AD.
cs69ag
AG
You either recruit enough depth or you develop it...hopefully both...
our staff has done neither one the last few years ...or maybe hard to know based on lack
of playing time

4 of 5 starters are from out of state...good players and glad we have them, but bu and t.u. getting most of the best
Texas players
Rudybryan
cs69ag said:

You either recruit enough depth or you develop it...hopefully both...
our staff has done neither one the last few years ...or maybe hard to know based on lack
of playing time

4 of 5 starters are from out of state...good players and glad we have them, but bu and t.u. getting most of the best
Texas players
McCown went to MS State and I believe we got Carter.....
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.