gary Blair

2,663 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by sharpdressedman
edsel
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We do not look well-coached. That is all
Rudybryan

AggieBQ95
AG
Love Gary, but this team isn't the same caliber as we are used to seeing. The longer Vic stays at State, the harder it's going to be to pull him away.
Aggie1205
AG
Standard formula for Texags:

A team loses a game, a thread starts about a coaching change. Clockwork. Doesn't matter the sport. Doesn't matter the coach.
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
edsel said:

We do not look well-coached. That is all
such BS . Turnovers lost the game .
BigJim49AustinnowDallas
Expert Analysis
AG
The 2nd half of the oregon game was bad, the second half of this game was worse. Easily the most uninspired half of ball I have ever seen our girls play.
Terrible in every aspect.
I love Gary Blair, but he is on the way down from his coaching peak. Vic should be the future of our program.
Thymes
Folks, forget the idea of Vic coming back.
cs69ag
AG
Ags lost the game....

turnovers
very poor free throw shooting
Williams 0 for WVU
Carter out of control at times
unable to execute on O
not much help off the bench

WVU...more energy, more D and better coached
Houstonag
AG
We are not prepared. Lazy defense and wild offense. One could tell the team that was well coached and prepared. The coaching staff needs to take a serious look in the mirror. I am fed up with coaches who just coast through their final years.
bemer
S
Very obvious the AD pays closer attention than most thought before last week. He's been setting the table for the past year.
Wicked Good Ag
Carter could be a special player for this team. I say could because the ability is there but she takes plays off on the defensive end and transition. She has the ability to create and drive off the dribble better than anyone i have seen in an Aggie uniform in recent memory. But she has to be under control, and i know that Blair is said to be tough on ooint guards. If she can handle it and not take plays off she will be a stud. If she cant i can see her not finishing with the Aggies. She would not work in Vic's system on the defensive end

That said Blair seemed to be coaching players to positions on the floor a lot more last night than usual. Either players were not understanding the previous practiced plays or Blair saw something and tried to move people in position under a little duress.

We lost this game via turnovers, free throw line and Danni had an off night which allowed them to double team Hillsman more on entry passes because she was good one on one with back to the basket with a little more open space that i think would have been there had we hit from outside more

We have better depth than last year but it still isnt trusted it seems.
aggieFann
I like me some Danni. However, there is no way someone of her caliber can have a game like that. Big time players step up against big competition. You have to find other ways to score via FT line or drives or something. But that was only one of several problems last night. We need better energy and flow to make the game easier for our players. We actually good freshmen and I would prefer they be played more in these non conference games to prepare for SEC match ups.

Carter is a scoring guard who in my opinion, doesnt fit well with the current scheme of things.I think Blair needs to tweak his offense to fit his current mold of players instead of the opposite.
trackaggie76
AG
GB also seems to be a lot more irritable that usual. I sit close to the bench and have heard him be very verbally dismissive of his assistant coaches. With a freshman point guard I know things can be very frustrating and there is a lot of tough talk during games.
mvegas
While I share the passion for hoping we'd play great out of the gates, I think it's a little early to be panicked. It must be maddening for the coaching staff to not know which players will do well game-in and game-out.

We've seen glimpses of what the team can be (1st quarter of UH and Tech). I think the team will improve as the season progresses. Yes, there needs to be more consistency out of Khaalia and Danni can't go 0-fer, but I think the key to the season will be Chennedy getting used to not just scoring (which has been dynamic!) but running the offense & whether Jasmine can be more consistent in contributing to the offense.
cs69ag
AG
We are 8 games into the season....not counting the games in Spain
or the exhibition game. We have played 2 good teams....the rest of the games are not vs teams that should have a chance to beat us. The season is 25% over.

Vs, Oregon, we had no inside game. Against WVU, we did not have effective outside scoring.
Two lopsided losses on our home court.

GB says he wants to simplify the O. We have smart players or they would not have been admitted to TAMU.
His O requires him constantly managing the play, and that has to be distracting to the players. Our players are confused and tentative...takes away from their natural ability. We don't pass the ball as fast as other teams that are good. Seems like we dribble too much in the half court.

We have a veteran coaching staff. Right now, play on either end of the court vs good teams does not look good.
greg.w.h
AG
It will get better. He likely will see some fish break through and end up with a longer rotation to get them ready.

We seem a bit unfocused but just adding a new 1 would do that by itself. I'm confident they will come together.
cs69ag
AG
The coaches and players can show improvement when they play Oregon again in Vegas
later this month. The rest of the December games won't prove anything, unless we get beat by one
of the out manned, under sized smaller schools.
aggieFann
cs69ag said:

The coaches and players can show improvement when they play Oregon again in Vegas
later this month. The rest of the December games won't prove anything, unless we get beat by one
of the out manned, under sized smaller schools.
The game against USC (Southern Cal) should be good in my opinion since they are 8-0 and we lost to them last year
cs69ag
AG
yes, I guess I agree...USC
played 10-12 players vs. our 6 last year, and we just
wore down against their press in the 4th quarter to lose a close game at home.
A win on the road against them would be nice and show some improvement.
sharpdressedman
I choose to remain optimistic, although the WVU game was very disappointing. It was the first I have been able to watch, and I was surprised by the many weaknesses in our game. In the wrap-up, one of the commentators said it was not the Texas A&M team that we will see later in the season. I hope that was an understatement.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.