***** BTHO Little Rock!! *****

3,805 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by biobioprof
biobioprof
How long do you want to ignore this user?
6PM start.

Foley has passed Blair again in total wins.

Wonder how attendance will be. I'll be there.
aggietoolman
AG
Not making this one. Just too close to Thanksgiving. Did give tickets to a friend who should be there.
BQ_90
AG
10 -9! UALR 4:24 1sr
BQ_90
AG
14-14 2:49
BQ_90
AG
22-14 LR end of first quarter
BQ_90
AG
21-24 LR 4:55 2nd
biobioprof
Ugly play so far. Danni is the only one who can score and even she has taken some ill-advised shots.

Outhustled.
BQ_90
AG
30 - 30 at half
biobioprof
34%
Chomp214
AG
I try and understand how Gary can leave Hillsman in the game some nights.---others she plays reasonable well on offense but seldom does anything good on defense.
BQ_90
AG
Hilllsman gets to 1000 pts in her career

Ags lead 34-30. 8:18 third
BQ_90
AG
38-30 ags 7:27 third
biobioprof
Wow. Danni!
BQ_90
AG
52-38 Ags end of third quarter
aggietoolman
AG
Nice run for the quarter.
BQ_90
AG
56-38 Ags 8;07 fourth
BQ_90
AG
Howard with double double
BQ_90
AG
60-44 Ags 2:29 left
BQ_90
AG
Final Ags 66-49
Rudybryan
Howard is a rebound magnet
aggietoolman
aggieFann
Again after looking at the stats, we need help at the 4 position. Also surprised by the high turnover numbers and lack of bench production against a mid major school.
13B
I will preface this with: I love Gary Blair, love these girls. BUT, I was completely underwhelmed with their performance last night (with exception to Howard and some highlights from others).

Pros: Howard is just awesome! Love her! Danni was deadly from 3 pt land and high energy. Carter had a sneakily higher scoring game than what it looked like. #11 l(Wells I think) looks like a Howard starter kit (high energy, hustle, right place right time). Walton was high energy and disruptive on the defensive end (look forward to seeing more of her).

Cons: Team looked severely flat coming out of the gates and many looked gassed before the second half started. While Danni is an assassin on 3s she shoots too hard with no touch within the arc. Hillsman played like she had the flu. She was slow turning around on defense, wasn't blocking out and although she was close to a double double, there is no reason for Howard to get a double double before her much less instead of her. They both should have had one in this game. Granted, she was being hooked and hung on the whole time but still. She was lethargic and no energy and she still can't make point blank shots. While Carter still played okay, she looked completely gassed by the 2d quarter. ALR should never have had the lead and we certainly should not have been tied at the half.

I miss the days of stifling defense with leaders like Franklin, Colson and even to some extent Carter. Jordan was pretty good too but the rest of the teams have seemed soft when it comes to defense.
biobioprof
Defense definitely lacks the one on one stopper we had with Sidney Carter or Courtney Walker. We're playing a lot of zone despite Gary saying he wants more man D. From the first half of the last two, it looks like the coaches think Lumpkin is the best defender. She's been on the leading scorer vs Oregon and UALR, and has held them scoreless at the beginning of each game.

But then we have changed to zones.

On offense - in the postgame Blair blamed himself for forcing plays to Khaalia and Khaalia said she's not up to her own standards. I thought overall the team was suffering from what Blair used to say about Courtney Williams - trying to make highlight plays instead of creaing easy buckets. I've been impressed with how Carter can finish difficult shots and Danni has hit some great spin moves, with that 3rd quarter fast break as an example. But I for one would like to see those on top of easy baskets like what we gave up to Oregon and to some extent to UALR. .
But we've seen a learning curve for Gary's playbook before. There was that one season where we were supposed to see more motion. That didn't last very long.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.