Stanford extends VanDerveer's contract through 2020

Stanford official announced today the contract extension of head coach Tara VanDerveer.
by Rene' Kennedy Oct 11, 2017, 7:06pm EDT

Stanford's Hall of Fame coach Tara VanDerveer, will continue to coach the Cardinal through the 2019-20 season after the university announced a new three-year contract extension for her

"I have the greatest life and I just want to keep enjoying the life I have and sharing it," VanDerveer told USA Today. "I always meet so many great people at Stanford, whoever it is. I like being the Stanford coach."

Currently, her career record stands at 1,021-231 she's only the second women's coach to have surpassed 1,000 victories joining the late-great Pat Summitt. Overall she is the third Division 1 coach with that many wins as Mike Krzyzewski at Duke also is in the elite club of over 1,000 victories.

"That's awesome. I love her," head coach Adia Barnes of Arizona told USA Today in regards to VanDerveer's contract. "We all respect her so much and her voice is so strong."

VanDerveer will be entering her 32nd season at Stanford this year and her 39th overall.