Schaefer gets top-10 salary with new MSU contract extension

6,032 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by HiddenAg2
Rudybryan
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Last season Vic Schaefer, head coach of the Mississippi State Bulldogs, led his team to the championship game after shocking UConn in the semifinals. While Mississippi State might have lost the final game last year, the university gained a big win: a contract extension for Schaefer.

Non football note. John Cohen confirms Vic Schaefer has re-signed with a 4-year contract. And national top ten salary.
12:18 PM - Sep 2, 2017

• [url=https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?in_reply_to=904030729641873408][/url]
Thymes
Perhaps now we can put to rest the thought (hope) that Vic will return when Gary retires. I never thought he would, given what he has built from scratch at MSU.

It's now time to realize that, with the proper amount of support from the administration, Gary has a number of good (perhaps great) years left. I watched this year's team in Spain, and it has talent and depth!
rrtodds
AG
Amen ... from a member of the choir!
MidTnAg
AG
It is incredible what he has done at Mississippi State.

Beating unbeatable Connecticut was an awesome accomplishment and an exciting game to watch. Didn't know he was such a great recruiter.

He definitely earned the salary increase.
trackaggie76
AG
I still would hope that Vic would want to come back at some point and coach here.
biobioprof
MidTnAg said:

It is incredible what he has done at Mississippi State.

Beating unbeatable Connecticut was an awesome accomplishment and an exciting game to watch. Didn't know he was such a great recruiter.

He definitely earned the salary increase.

When he left here, he took Johnnie Harris with him. She's his assoc head coach now, I believe Harris was credited with a major part of the Kansas City recruiting connection when she was here, and was involved in recruiting Tyra White, Danielle Adams and Tanisha Smith from there. She was big in recruiting other parts of our teams from before Vic left.

So when Johnnie went with Vic it was a pretty good bet that they'd do well in recruiting.
old yeller
AG
Thymes said:

Perhaps now we can put to rest the thought (hope) that Vic will return when Gary retires. I never thought he would, given what he has built from scratch at MSU.

It's now time to realize that, with the proper amount of support from the administration, Gary has a number of good (perhaps great) years left. I watched this year's team in Spain, and it has talent and depth!
This in no way means that Vic wouldn't consider returning when Gary hangs it up. I do hope that Gary coaches as long as he wants to, though.
MidTnAg
AG
What Vic has done at Mississippi State is beyond awesome, beyond incredible.

He and his squad did the impossible last season in beating Connecticut in the final four. That was easily one of the most exciting games I've ever seen and probably one of the most exciting games any basketball fan has ever seen.

It was considered the biggest upset in basketball history: College, Pro, men women.

He definitely deserves an extended contract a huge salary, and a lot of praise and congratulations for a his accomplishments.

It was great he was here when we had our run to the NCAA Championship.
jt2hunt
AG
Wish we could bring him back, he is special. Credit to Blair for having him on his staff. I think Blair is awesome but time never stops, for any of us.
Houstonag
AG
Gary needs to hang it up now. Just track his performance since the NC and Vic leaving. Not competitive at the top tear. Sure top 20 or 25. Big deal. Is that what we expect? Just show up and play. Not what most want.
HiddenAg2
That new contract Vic signed is meaningless if he wants to return to A&M. That is easily overcome.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.