Another Great passes away - Coach Wanda Bender

1,605 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Thymes
jdiddy96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
More details to follow but my Grandmother, Wanda Bender - former women's basketball coach for TAMU, passed away last night. Would anyone know how or what's the best way to get ahold of the school? I don't know if they'll even want to do anything but I'd like to let them know..

The family and I would appreciate prayers if you're into that type thing..

JB
biobioprof
Sorry for your loss.

I bet Coach Blair and the athletics department would want to hear the news. The records for her time here are very incomplete in the media guide and on 12thman.com. Personally, I'd love it if you and your family could share some memories of the early days of Aggie WBB. It was AIAW back then, and we didn't play WBB as part of the SWC.

edit to add:

Contact info for the athletics dept.

http://www.12thman.com/staff.aspx
jdiddy96
S
We appreciate it..

We're putting some information together and will reach out to them as well as one of the media directors. Harvey has everyone scrambling a bit so it might be later rather than sooner unfortunately..
Thymes
I'll see Gary tomorrow morning as we fly out of Barcelona. I'll make sure he knows.

Thanks for passing this along.

EDIT: In all the rush Friday morning, I never got a chance to talk to Coach Blair about this. But I did email our Director of Basketball Operations. Eric passed it along.
Rudybryan
Thymes safe travels home......Be interesting to see if your plane will land....Hurricane Harvey Cat 4 just hit Rockport
Thymes
We got home just fine about midnight on Friday after a long stopover in Atlanta. There was no weather whatsoever in DFW where we landed, and it didn't start raining in BCS until we hit Highway 21 homebound.

I understand that Gary and his group, which came back through New York, rented a few vans to get home from DFW. So, at age 72, the distinguished Hall of Famer was once again a bus driver!

It was a fantastic trip, despite the disappointment of not being able to play the two games in Barcelona.
Thymes
Coach Wanda Bender
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.