Chennedy's U19s win their first game

6 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Rudybryan
biobioprof
How long do you want to ignore this user?

I haven't found a box score yet.
Rudybryan
Incoming freshman Chennedy Carter had 10 points and 8 assists for the USA U19 team against Spain yesterday.(Monday) Plays again at 12:30 vs. Italy!

biobioprof
These are exhibitions before the tourney, but

https://www.usab.com/news-events/news/2017/07/wu19-exh-2-ita.aspx

Quote:

On a night when its shooting was off, a strong defensive effort propelled the 2017 USA Women's U19 World Cup Team (2-0) past host Italy (0-2) for a 62-36 exhibition victory on Tuesday night in Spilimbergo, Italy. In the day's earlier game of the 2017 Refrion Cup, a round-robin exhibition tournament, Spain (1-1) picked up a 56-50 victory over Latvia (1-1).

The Refrion Cup concludes July 19 with the USA facing Latvia (11:30 a.m. EDT) in the early game, followed by the closing game between Italy and Spain. (1:30 p.m. EDT).

The game's leading scorer, Chennedy Carter (Timberview H.S./Arlington, Texas) scored 11 points on 5-of-8 shooting and was credited with four of the USA's 16 steals. Alecia Sutton (Texas/St. Louis, Mo.) was the game's only other double-digit scorer and finished with 10 points, eight rebounds and four assists. Joyner Holmes (Texas/Cedar Hill, Texas), eight points and a game-best nine rebounds; Ruthy Hebard (Oregon/Fairbanks, Alaska), eight points and three rebounds; and Megan Walker (Monacan H.S./Chesterfield, Va.), seven points and seven caroms; were the team's next three top scorers.
biobioprof
https://www.usab.com/news-events/news/2017/07/wu19-exh-3-lat.aspx

Quote:

The 2017 USA Women's U19 World Cup Team (3-0) picked up its defense and closed out the with a 10-3 run to hold off a surging Latvian (1-2) squad for a 64-56 victory and the 2017 Refrion Cup title on Wednesday night in Spilimbergo, Italy.

Ruthy Hebard (Oregon/Fairbanks, Alaska) recorded a double-double of 15 points and 11 rebounds, including four points and a pair of boards in the final minutes. Tyasha Harris (South Carolina/Noblesville, Ind.) contributed 14 points, four assists and three steals; and Chennedy Carter (Timberview H.S./Arlington, Texas) just missed a double-double after finishing with 12 points, nine rebounds and three assists.
biobioprof

Box score
http://www.fiba.com/ls/#13185&13186-A-3
biobioprof

Edit to add: US d Puerto Rico in the Round of 16 today 104-46. Carter with 10 points

http://www.fiba.com/world/u19women/2017/2607/USA-Puerto-Rico#|tab=boxscore_statistics
biobioprof

greg.w.h
AG
I love Kelly B-W's inside baseball...err...basketball on the GB play that enabled the scoring run for Carter.
biobioprof
Semi vs Japan on WatchESPN now. US leads in 2nd half
biobioprof
65-43 after 3. Carter with 15 off the bench.

US should face Russia tomorrow
biobioprof
Terrible 4th quarter by the US as they play to get enough rest for tomorrow. US hangs on 73-66. Carter with 19 including some key buckets down the stretch.
biobioprof
I think USA v Russia will be at 2pm cdt on Sunday. Streaming on ESPN3.

Russia will be the toughest opponent. Russia crushed Canada and has size. US team looked tired late in the Japan game.
biobioprof
22-17 USA after1.

Russia doing well inside, but 6 turnovers helping the US.
biobioprof
42-36 USA at half. Russia took the lead in the middle of the quarter.

Carter ended the half with a great coast to coast drive for a 3 point play, drawing the third foul on the Russian post. Carter has a really tough defensive assignment on a bigger player.

Dangerfield having a good game for the US.

Too many missed bunnies for Hebard and Joyner Holmes down low.

Carter has 12 points
Dangerfield 13
biobioprof
Russia up 2 after 3.

Hebard Picked up her 4th foul and Russia didn't turn it over.
biobioprof
Russia hangs on to win.

Carter had an amazing game, though. 31 points on 11/18, 4 boards 1 assist. She is s going to be fun for the Ags.

US really outplayed on the paint. Russia used zone in the second half.
biobioprof
Carter one of two US players on the all-tournament team.

When they took the picture of the all stars you could really see how much size Chennedy was giving up when she had to guard Musina.
MUAG
Carter will bring a lot of excitement with her hustle and scoring ability.
DANManman
AG
Though the tournament result is disappointing, gotta be excited for what Chennedy will bring! She kept USA in the game, all the way to the end.
Jesus saves
wlc61
AG
If the players are under 19, and the two Russian bigs have been playing professionally for two years ( as the announcers said) I assume that they became full time professionals at the age of 16 or 17. Do I understand this correctly? Someone correct me if I am wrong.
wlc61
biobioprof
wlc61 said:

If the players are under 19, and the two Russian bigs have been playing professionally for two years ( as the announcers said) I assume that they became full time professionals at the age of 16 or 17. Do I understand this correctly? Someone correct me if I am wrong.
Yes, they said the post was 18 now.
Rudybryan
At my age I remember many times where the Russians didn't play fair.....

unless I was in the hospital when those two were born and knew the date myself
I won't bet on their age....

Chinese are known for that too!!

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.