What was your first computer?

907 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by JR69
TexAgs Sponsors
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
AG
From long-time TexAgs Sponsor, MacResource:

Congrats to We fixed the keg - you're the winner! Just contact suzanne@texags.com to claim your prize.

We've been around for a while and maybe you have, too! So we'd like to hear about your FIRST computer! Tell us and you'll be entered to win a $100 Gift Card that can be used at our store on any product you select. Yes, this includes computers, iPads, and accessories!

MacResource is Aggie Owned & Operated for more than twenty years and the only source for former students to buy at educational prices.

Shop now in-store and online at: store.mac-resource.com
Join us on Facebook, or give us a call: (979)314-0537

Rudybryan
1988 Apple IIc plus ran Apple and windows....

then the lawsuits started between Steve and Bill Apple vs Microsoft

and 30 yrs later the beat goes on
Kbeauty63
AG
my first computer was an IBM clone my dad 'built' for me (I think) in the late 80's.
OlArmy
AG
My first computer was an IBM 8086 PC running IBM Dos with 16K and two floppy diskette drives in about 1985.
Do the Christian thing, BTHO Baylor!!!
OlArmy
AG
OlArmy said:

My first computer was an IBM 8088 PC running IBM Dos with 16K and two floppy diskette drives in about 1985.
Do the Christian thing, BTHO Baylor!!!
biobioprof
I used a couple of Apple IIs in the lab and at home, and wrote my MS thesis using the Pascal editor. But those belonged to my lab and my roommate.

The first computer I owned myself was a Mac 512K, which I still own, even though it hasn't been booted up in years. Expanded it to 1M RAM myself, so I've seen the signatures on the inside. I think I have the appropriate Torx screwdriver somewhere.

Lots of computers since then; several purchased from MacResource. Posting this from a 2017 iPad. Sorry, MacResource, got it at the Woodlands Apple Store before you had these in stock.
JR69
AG
Ha! My first computer was a Heath Kit analog computer I built myself back in the late '70s. It actually worked and I played around with it for several years before losing it in a military move. I used it a couple of times to solve the Radar Range Equation. Just thinking about it makes me sad - how much I have forgotten over the years..
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.