When does the women's bb team start their Spain tour?

3,045 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Rongagin71
rrtodds
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Spain tour details? Are all new players on campus?
Thymes
Note: This schedule has changed. See the post below.

The Spain tour runs from August 15-25.

Here's the preliminary itinerary:

Aug. 15 -- Depart DFW Airport
Aug. 16 -- Arrive in Madrid, tour Madrid.
Aug. 17 -- Sightsee Madrid and Game No. 1
Aug. 18 -- Visit Toledo
Aug. 19 -- Bus to Valencia
Aug. 20 -- Sightsee Valencia and Game No. 2
Aug. 21 -- Sightsee Valencia
Aug. 22 -- Bus to Barcelona and Game No. 3
Aug. 23 -- Sightsee Barcelona and Game No. 4
Aug. 24 -- Sightsee Barcelona
Aug. 25 -- Fly out of Barcelona for DFW

Tzone
Who is booking fan travel?
Thymes
Basketball Travelers, Inc.
1222 N. 185th St. Suite 100
Shoreline, WA 98133
(425) 776-2775

www.basketballtravelers.com

Tzone
Thanks!
Thymes
The dates remain the same, but the schedule has changed slightly:

Aug. 15 -- Depart DFW Airport
Aug. 16 -- Arrive in Madrid, tour Madrid.
Aug. 17 Day trip to Toledo
Aug. 18 Sightsee Madrid; Game No. 1
Aug. 19 Bus to Valencia; Game No. 2
Aug. 20 -- Sightsee Valencia
Aug. 21 -- Sightsee Valencia
Aug. 22 -- Bus to Barcelona and Game No. 3
Aug. 23 -- Sightsee Barcelona and Game No. 4
Aug. 24 -- Sightsee Barcelona
Aug. 25 Fly out of Barcelona for DFW
biobioprof
I wonder how the bus route from Valencia to Barcelona will be. I took the train between those two cities once. Really gorgeous trip along the Mediterranean shore most of the way.

Valencia is also famous for paella, but some of the old recipes aren't full of the seafood we think of with paella. They have stuff like rabbit, snails, and fava beans.

Wish I could go.
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
biobioprof said:

I wonder how the bus route from Valencia to Barcelona will be. I took the train between those two cities once. Really gorgeous trip along the Mediterranean shore most of the way.

Valencia is also famous for paella, but some of the old recipes aren't full of the seafood we think of with paella. They have stuff like rabbit, snails, and fava beans.

Wish I could go.
Yummy ?
BigJim49AustinnowDallas
biobioprof
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas said:

biobioprof said:

Wish I could go.
Yummy ?
Yes, yummy. I'm also happy to eat the seafood versions, but it's an opportunity for the team to try stuff that's harder to get in the US. Like the ham. The ham is amazing.

Why the angry face?
kridg
If this group is like the girls that went to Italy five years ago, they will find and eat McDonalds.
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
biobioprof said:

BigJim49 AustinNowDallas said:

biobioprof said:

Wish I could go.
Yummy ?
Yes, yummy. I'm also happy to eat the seafood versions, but it's an opportunity for the team to try stuff that's harder to get in the US. Like the ham. The ham is amazing.

Why the angry face?
Not big on snails and rabbit !
BigJim49AustinnowDallas
Rudybryan
lmao
hsvag
Then you wouldn't like the restaurant in Paris called Monsieur Lapin. Everything on the menu is rabbit.
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
hsvag said:

Then you wouldn't like the restaurant in Paris called Monsieur Lapin. Everything on the menu is rabbit.
Not lapin it up !
BigJim49AustinnowDallas
biobioprof
Will Carter go on the Spain trip after just coming back from the U19?
aggieFann
Does anyone have an updated schedule? I thought I read somewhere that the team wasn't going to Barcelona, considering the recent events there.
I wonder if they picked up anymore games or will end the trip sooner
Thymes
There will be no more games. The administration was adamantly opposed to the team going to Barcelona, even to keep their original airline reservations to fly out of Friday. Most of the team, including the assistant coaches, bussed back from Valencia to Madrid today (Monday). They spent the rest of the day shopping. That portion of the team will fly home on Wednesday.

The boosters, Coach Blair, several staff members, one player who has relatives with her, and a few former players who were on the tour continued to Barcelona. We will fly out on Friday as originally scheduled.
aggieFann
Thymes said:

There will be no more games. The administration was adamantly opposed to the team going to Barcelona, even to keep their original airline reservations to fly out of Friday. Most of the team, including the assistant coaches, bussed back from Valencia to Madrid today (Monday). They spent the rest of the day shopping. That portion of the team will fly home on Wednesday.

The boosters, Coach Blair, several staff members, one player who has relatives with her, and a few former players who were on the tour continued to Barcelona. We will fly out on Friday as originally scheduled.

Thanks you've been great with all this information.
Rongagin71
AG
I like the New Zeelander's assessment of risk:

https://www.safetravel.govt.nz/spain
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.