amy wright

1,817 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Rudybryan
alamoaggie 64
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I see where Amy is interviewing for the NMSU vacancy today.
biobioprof
interesting.

I like Amy but I never expected her to be a long-termer and this could be a good opportunity for her if they offer it. She was at Arizona State before coming here so I'm thinking she has some southwest recruiting connections. Being younger, Amy has more time than the others on the staff to go the mid-major route in her coaching career in the hope of eventually getting to a P5 school. IIRC, she doesn't have family ties here that have to be considered.

NMSU isn't going to go after anyone expensive, based on what I'm seeing in this article about their MBB coaching situation. But Trakh got them into the NCAAs, where they played pretty well against Stanford before bowing out in Round 1.
Thymes
Do you think we could fill Amy's position with Aqua Franklin?
OlArmy
AG
It would probably be a stretch to get Aqua, since she is now Assoc. HC at Kansas. It would be a step down for her
Rudybryan
we need a recruiter
OlArmy
AG
Agreed!!! Another Johnnie Harris would be perfect.
biobioprof
Looks like NMSU went with another candidate

http://www.swishappeal.com/2017/5/2/15516764/new-mexico-state-hires-brooke-atkinson-ncaaw

Quote:

After only a couple of weeks, the Aggies have found their replacement. According to multiple Swish Appeal sources, Colorado State assistant Brooke Atkinson will be the next head coach at New Mexico State.

This will be Atkinson's second stint with the Aggies after serving as an assistant a few years back from 2003-2010, but her first head coaching job. During her first go around with New Mexico State Atkinson helped the team to three WAC Championship games -- the first postseason appearance for the university in 16 years.
alamoaggie 64
"Looks like NMSU went with another candidate"

Too bad for Amy, good for us.
Bucketrunner
If and when we lose Amy, I hope we will consider Sidney Colson.
Rudybryan
ditto Buck
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.