Goodbye Coaching Staff

2,583 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
Rudybryan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
By Taylor Cooper

I remember getting my first phone call from Coach Blair. There was something in his voice when he talked about the game of basketball that drew me in. He understood the X's and O's. We talked about his time at Arkansas and coaching my high school coach Wendi Willits, who he says is "the best pure shooter" he has ever coached. He talked about the game with passion, reminding me of a version of myself. I was so star-struck after I hung up the phone. Here I was getting a phone call from Gary Blair, a man who had just been inducted into the Women's Basketball Hall of Fame and won a National Championship in 2011. This man wanted me to play for him at Texas A&M University. The history and tradition behind the 12th man and everything Aggies stand for was something I wanted to be a part of. I always knew I wanted to be a basketball coach, so why not learn from the best?

rest of article click link >>>>>>https://theaggieway.wordpress.com/
greg.w.h
AG
Thanks Coop. Proud for you to wear Maroon and White. Hope you become the coach you've dreamed of being and that you come back and help us!!
alamoaggie 64
Thanks, Taylor. You were fun to watch, and you contributed a lot to the program.
TomB
AG
Thanks Taylor for your contributions to Texas A&M and the Women's Basketball Team. Your learning and leadership skills evolved each year as did your understanding of the game and your communication with your teammates. You will be successful and we wish you the very best.
biobioprof
I bet some read the post title and thought Gary was firing all the assistant coaches.
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.