Wow, simply outclassed

3,696 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Houstonag
SACR
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
75-43 final

That used to be what we did to teams in the Dance.

With Hillsman, Howard, and Williams coming back next year, we should have a strong nucleus to build around.
Bucketrunner
Well, we'd better start figuring out a way to develop some depth, or next season will be one of futility , also.
DrQuincy
AG
Maybe our team's play was outclassed, but the fans in blue were extremely rude toward the ladies all game. May the Huskies take them down a level or two next weekend.
Houstonag
AG
We are not recruiting. Our players are not as talented as many other teams across the country. Why??
UCLA was a machine and well coached. I do not know if Blair is keeping up.
brotheraggie
Congrats on this season!!
Bucketrunner
Our players are plenty talented and represent us well. As for offensive plans? I'm really not sure.
Froppe
AG
No depth. Can't go a full season with only six players.
No apparent offensive game plan.
Way too much dribbling out front by Curtyce while the other four stand there and watch.
Could not get a shot to drop. We had a lot of shots come up short or miss everything. I'm not sure if that was rust, or fatigue (although we hadn't played in two weeks before the tourney), or what.
UCLA shot lights out, at their place. Their defense was simply too quick, and our passes too lethargic.
We just looked tired.

biobioprof
Houstonag said:

We are not recruiting. Our players are not as talented as many other teams across the country. Why??
UCLA was a machine and well coached. I do not know if Blair is keeping up.
The incoming class is top 10 in ESPN's hoopgurlz and #11 in ProspectsNation.

UCLA is much better at home than on the road. We were off all weekend and got their A game.
Kbeauty63
AG
Here's hoping the Huskies do to them what they did to us
Rudybryan
DrQuincy said:

Maybe our team's play was outclassed, but the fans in blue were extremely rude toward the ladies all game. May the Huskies take them down a level or two next weekend.
No fear there.....shoe will be on the other foot......UCONN home court......and having their ass kicked!!!!
Txroper
AG
Froppe said:

No depth. Can't go a full season with only six players.
No apparent offensive game plan.
Way too much dribbling out front by Curtyce while the other four stand there and watch.
Could not get a shot to drop. We had a lot of shots come up short or miss everything. I'm not sure if that was rust, or fatigue (although we hadn't played in two weeks before the tourney), or what.
UCLA shot lights out, at their place. Their defense was simply too quick, and our passes too lethargic.
We just looked tired.

It's because we were tired. Can not play that many minutes without consequences.
oklaunion
It's because we were tired. Can not play that many minutes without consequences.

They had a week and a half or two to rest after conference tourney and 2 days between NCAA games. They missed open shots to begin the game as mentioned above. The Ags weren't 'on' and the Bruins were. We have seen them hitting almost everything they shot at times this year. If they had done that to begin the game, who knows what the outcome would have been.
cedar
Blairs recruiting magic is gone.
lbasham
AG
Number 9 in the country as a group and the number 1 player in Texas is pretty impressive. We will be much improved next season.
Houstonag
AG
Our ability to recruit has been severely hampered over the past several years. We are not competitive in the top 20 much less in the top 10 anymore. The message is clear but Blair and the admin will not face the facts.

Being good is winning. Nothing else. No other measurement is required.

We have three major programs that are not measuring up. No, Scott Woodward, I am not going to be patient.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.