***** BTHO UCLA!!!! *****

5,181 Views | 59 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by mullokmotx
alamoaggie 64
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Are these West Coast announcers and a local camera crew? They keep showing the UCLA huddles and their crowd but never us. Granted, they deserve the air time more than we do.
txag72
AG
Great move.....if you can pick up your pivot foot and another step.
BeatHellOutOfTU
AG
This is embarrassing
Rudybryan
Out played out coached we look horrible
Didnt come to play No game plan Looks like no scouting report worth a damn

Time for a review of the entire program
aginlakeway
AG
BeatHellOutOfTU said:

This is embarrassing

Why?
aginlakeway
AG
Rudybryan said:

Out played out coached we look horrible
Didnt come to play No game plan Looks like no scouting report worth a damn

Time for a review of the entire program
aggieFann
So this summer everyone needs to work on their game. Hollsman Williams and Howard will be the returning starters. We have to have more depth next year and more fluidity on offense. Defense of course needs to improve but I am anxious to see what this team does next year
BeatHellOutOfTU
AG
Are you watching this game? They are being dominated... no ball control, can't make a shot, UCLA is looking like they are playing against a middle school team. It's a very bad showing.
Aggie1205
AG
9.1% from 3 tonight. They were able to load up on Hillsman and we couldn't make them pay.
Rudybryan
Aggie1205 said:

9.1% from 3 tonight. They were able to load up on Hillsman and we couldn't make them pay.
Fact - if Hillsman is double team THAT means someone is open

aginlakeway
AG
BeatHellOutOfTU said:

Are you watching this game? They are being dominated... no ball control, can't make a shot, UCLA is looking like they are playing against a middle school team. It's a very bad showing.

I agree. But a review of the entire program? Seriously?

Have a good night.
Kbeauty63
AG
FWIW - glad Coach put Alyssa in - she got a bucket in a NCAA Tournament game. The team did well for a 'rebuilding' year. Better than the men did!
Rudybryan
aginlakeway said:

BeatHellOutOfTU said:

Have a good night.
It happens every year.....recruiting, conditioning, offense, defense, academics,

Big changes were made this year in our conditioning program and the kids spent so much extra time
and if you noticed we didn't have a bunch of injuries this year.
alamo aggie
Well that was hard to watch, but no doubt these girls gave their all! Gig'em!
biobioprof
Rudybryan said:

aginlakeway said:

BeatHellOutOfTU said:

Have a good night.
It happens every year.....recruiting, conditioning, offense, defense, academics,

Big changes were made this year in our conditioning program and the kids spent so much extra time
and if you noticed we didn't have a bunch of injuries this year.

That's not the kind of review that comes across in the tone of your post.

It's tough to watch the Ags get so badly outplayed, but I'm still proud of all they did this year. UCLA has been the better team all season and they had one of their better performances, while we had trouble making anything during the whole trip. Bad combination of deviations from the mean for both from an A&M point of view.

But it's not really a random fluctuation. We've talked a lot about fatigue all year.

And it looks like the PAC in general is very good this year.
HiddenAg2
A&M had a good season considering the expectation level was very low, I didn't think they would even make the NCAA tourney honestly. But going forward the talent level has to improve and especially the depth. We can't play with 6 players, that's ridiculous. I'd like to see Blair recruit more athletes that can defend with the full court press like he did back in the mid-2000s, those were my favorite teams.
Cardiac Saturday
AG
Aggie sports....
coloradoag69
AG
Overall we over-achieved. The announcers said we were picked 8th in the SEC. I'm not sure where that number came from, but I know most prognostications said we were no better than 5th or 6th at the start.

We ran out of gas for sure. The comeback versus Penn drained the tank, and when the UCLA gal started out hitting 5 - 6 three pointers, we just couldn't get it going again.

UCLA was a difficult match-up for us. There wasn't one position where we were more athletic. Kalia had a potential postive match-up if they would let her use her strength, but the refs weren't having any of that. When Kalia had to sit, we didn't have a player over 6' on the floor.

You can only pull on your reserves so much. I wish we had a better showing, but frankly if you lose by a point or 30 the result is the same.

I chose to say phooey a couple of times, and then celebrate the season overall. Here's to a deeper run next season. Gig'em ladies.
sharpdressedman
Thank you ladies, for some great moments this season. You played hard and long, never letting up. Congratulations on making the tourney and winning vs. Penn with an heroic effort. Best wishes, always!
Thymes
coloradoag69 said:

Overall we over-achieved. The announcers said we were picked 8th in the SEC. I'm not sure where that number came from, but I know most prognostications said we were no better than 5th or 6th at the start.

We ran out of gas for sure. The comeback versus Penn drained the tank, and when the UCLA gal started out hitting 5 - 6 three pointers, we just couldn't get it going again.

UCLA was a difficult match-up for us. There wasn't one position where we were more athletic. Kalia had a potential postive match-up if they would let her use her strength, but the refs weren't having any of that. When Kalia had to sit, we didn't have a player over 6' on the floor.

You can only pull on your reserves so much. I wish we had a better showing, but frankly if you lose by a point or 30 the result is the same.

I chose to say phooey a couple of times, and then celebrate the season overall. Here's to a deeper run next season. Gig'em ladies.
This!
Thymes
sharpdressedman said:

Thank you ladies, for some great moments this season. You played hard and long, never letting up. Congratulations on making the tourney and winning vs. Penn with an heroic effort. Best wishes, always!
This, also.
trackaggie76
AG
I too agree that we probably overachieved this year and GB probably did the best coaching job of his tenure here to get us to this point.

I do wish, however, that we could go to the "next level" like Baylor, Notre Dame, Maryland, South Carolina, Stanford, Miss St, etc... Not sure anyone can be like UCONN!
Bucketrunner
So what do y'all think it would take to reach that next level ? Facilities are certainly good enough.
BQ_90
AG
was a good year, did better than expected.
trackaggie76
AG
It seems to be all about recruiting. Baylor and the sips (and those other teams) seem to be getting more elite recruits now.
mullokmotx
AG
I figured it wasn't going to go good when Taylor missed an open 3 on our first possession. Then on the other end a UCLA girl jumped on Anriel's back for a rebound (no call), so I knew we would get no favors from the refs. Not impressed by their fans, although they had more students there last night than the 25 who were there Saturday. And their coach gets on the PA after the game to thank their fans, all 2000 of them, for their support as well as everyone who went into hosting. No mention that there were 3 other teams who played there. They had 2 concession stands open, which shows what kind of crowd they were expecting. Cost $12 to park.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.