***** BTHO UCLA!!!! *****

5,183 Views | 59 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by mullokmotx
biobioprof
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Let's get a head start over the football team for next fall!

The gameday notes on 12thman.com that Rudy posted aren't very informative about the Bruins, IMO. UCLA ended the season ranked at #15. The Pac put 7 teams into the tourney. Stanford, Oregon State, Washington, UCLA, Oregon, Arizona State, and Cal. UCLA was 1-0 vs Stanford, 1-1 vs Oregon State, Oregon and Washington, 3-0 vs Arizona State, and 0-1 vs Cal. They also lost to a 14-19 Washington State team. They're unbeaten at home.

There are a bunch of interesting matchups:
Khaalia vs 6-4 Monique Billings in the post. Blair says Billings may be the fastest post in the country.
Curtyce vs Jordin Canada. Canada had 16 assists vs Boise.
Danni and Coop vs their other guards/wings. UCLA will jack up 3s at times. Danni lost a 3 point shooting contest out of HS to their sophomore G Kennedy Burke. But Kornet and Korver have taken more 3s on the season, and for both of those two, 3FGA is more than half of their total FGA. 167/253 for Kornet; 200/244 for Korver.

I don't think they have a rebounder like Anriel. Billings is averaging 10.6 boards/game but the second-leading rebounder is Canada at 5.3/gm. Nevertheless, their total of 1299/458/841 (total/offensive/defensive) is higher than our 1259/449/810. And we've played 33 games to their 32 due to their top 4 finish in the Pac giving them an extra bye in their conference tourney. Both teams lost in the semis.

It will be interesting to see what attendance looks like. The performance of their MBB team may hurt them, and Coach Blair talked about how they don't draw that well in any case.
ontheway
biobioprof
Radio pregame has started on KZNE.

Wondering if I should mute the TV and listen to our regular announcers. The ESPN play by play guy usually does Tennis.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
"Kyla Hillsman"?

Ugh. Gonna be a long night with these announcers.
CEAg78
AG
biobioprof said:

Wondering if I should mute the TV and listen to our regular announcers. The ESPN play by play guy usually does Tennis.
It will be way out of sync.
aginlakeway
AG
tough start ...
BQ_90
AG
Opposing team come out dropping three, hope the final outcome is the same
EKG1996
AG
If they shoot 100% from three we are going to lose.
Aggie1205
AG
Cooper misses a wide open 3 and then is slow to rotate as they hit two 3's in her face.
biobioprof
CEAg78 said:

biobioprof said:

It will be way out of sync.
Usually not too bad when neither is a stream, but I decided to go with the TV sound.

9-2 UCLA on 3 treys. Too open.
biobioprof
Ags go man after the timeout
BQ_90
AG
They are all over our back on the offensive rebounds and won't call a foul
txag72
AG
Can't get a call and can't make a shot.
biobioprof
Announcers haven't noticed that Khaalia is out
Potcake
AG
Falling in love with 30 foot shots.
Aggie1205
AG
19-9 now. Cooper misses another wide open three.
aginlakeway
AG
Down 13 ...
biobioprof
22-9 after a buzzer beater by UCLA.
Aggie1205
AG
Giving up way too many offensive boards. Some is just them out hustling us.
txag72
AG
Wagers on when UCLA gets it's first foul called? I say with 4:34 left in the quarter.
aggieFann
This is getting away from us fast. We keep settling for 3s and our offense is stagnant. We are making them get shots at the end of the shot clock but we can't seem to either get the rebound or find the three point shooters.
Potcake
AG
Hillsman was hacked once under the bucket and nary a whistle.
BeatHellOutOfTU
AG
Aggie sports kill me
rc_cat
Has something changed with the workings/mentality of the team since the end of the season? They're shooting and defending like they've never played ball before.
txag72
AG
Ah, a foul finally that saved UCLA from an easy basket.
biobioprof
Aaliyah in. Guessing the coaches are trying to get Danni to settle down.
EKG1996
AG
Getting dominated.
aggieFann
So how many 3s are we gonna let Korver hit? Do a face guard for her or a box in one or something outside of this ineffective zone
txag72
AG
I can't be too interested in the women's tourney until they play on neutral courts. The honor of flying to California to play on UCLA home court, then fly to Connecticut to play them. What are the odds of getting thru that as a 5 seed no less.
Sid Farkas
AG
Score pls?
EKG1996
AG
42-21 halftime UCLA
alamoaggie 64
Are we in slow motion? Gosh, UCLA is getting to every loose ball, getting down court, quicker, everything!
aggieFann
I hope they don't think we can come back again like the other night. Seems like we're saving energy or something. I thought coach should have kept Jackson in. She has four points so far and can't be doing any worse than anyone else right now.
biobioprof
txag72 said:

I can't be too interested in the women's tourney until they play on neutral courts. The honor of flying to California to play on UCLA home court, then fly to Connecticut to play them. What are the odds of getting thru that as a 5 seed no less.
Attendance is bad enough without neutral courts. Home court rewards the stronger teams, but several lower seeds will make the S16 this year.
trackaggie76
AG
Poor offense, no defense. Being dominated again but by a much superior team.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.