Bracketology

3,612 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Kbeauty63
biobioprof
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It seems we're a 6, but games around the country could affect where we end up, and especially whether we get the Stanford gymnastics based hosting opportunity.

Today's bracketology

S. Carolina used a late run to put away Vic's MSU Bulldogs. I watched most of that game. It was a 1 point game at 40-49 with about 4 minutes left. USCe finished the game on a 9-0 run.

W. Virginia upset the sips in the B12 semis, after knocking out OU yesterday. Creme had them as a 9 before today's action.

The other predicted 6 seeds are K State, Miami, and Mizzou. K. State lost to Baylor today. Duke took both Syracuse (quarters) and Miami (semis) out of the ACC tourney before losing today to Notre Dame. Those games should be accounted for in the Bracketology.

Texas losing might affect us if they lose their predicted 2 seed

edit to add: that was in reply to:
Kbeauty63
AG
Well, had 2 players NOT gotten suspended - we (IMO) would have won out at Reed
biobioprof
Kbeauty63 said:

Well, had 2 players NOT gotten suspended - we (IMO) would have won out at Reed
I don't know if we would have won with CWill, but we sure would have had a better chance. And a 4 seed losing to a 5 isn't exactly a major upset.
biobioprof
Stanford winning the Pac combined with Texas getting upset makes the 6 seed comparison moot. Creme now has Stanford as a 2.

If he's right, we go to Austin.
CEAg78
AG
Austin would be better than Durham, Seattle or Tallahassee, in terms of Aggies attending. I don't see advancing past tu, Duke, Washington or Florida State (projected 3 seeds).
greg.w.h
AG
ESPN wants Texas v Texas A&M as does the NCAA, Texas and the Big 12. That's why it will happen. And, yes, our opinion doesn't matter, but claiming we are hosting in Austin is a little disingenuous.
Kbeauty63
AG
so not a fan of this...but I have other plans the weekend of the 1st & 2nd round here in Bryan/College Station - so traveling to Austin wouldn't be an option for me anyway.... If we hosted - different story.
mullokmotx
AG
I think tu had the second worst attendance last year for the first 2 rounds. Crme had Stanford going to Missouri but I think Knoxville is more likely because of attendance. If we had lost to UF or Missouri we might be hosting. I think most of the major conferences are finished so there may not be too much movement in Creme's bracketology.
biobioprof
mullokmotx said:

I think tu had the second worst attendance last year for the first 2 rounds. Crme had Stanford going to Missouri but I think Knoxville is more likely because of attendance. If we had lost to UF or Missouri we might be hosting. I think most of the major conferences are finished so there may not be too much movement in Creme's bracketology.
The one chance for a significant change is if W. Va upsets Baylor tonight. Even if UConn loses to S. Florida, they'll be the overall 1 seed, both by the eyeball test and because everyone else has 2 or more losses.

Creme had the top seeds ordered like this:

Even if Baylor loses, they're going to get a 1 seed. Only issue would be whether they switch with S. Carolina on the S curve.

I think sending Stanford to Knoxville would be avoided because
  • The home court advantage for the Vols would be even more unfair to the 2 seed
  • Stanford already lost to Tenn in Knoxville once this year.

Because he has Stanford as the weakest of the 2 seeds, they go into UConn's regional. There would be a lot of heads exploding if they put Stanford in Knoxville with the winner on a collision course with UConn.

Creme has Stanford going to Mizzou based on a procedural drop from a 6, so that could be done with us, I suppose. But sending us to Austin would be good for attendance.
Bucketrunner
Well, shucks. We won't be going to Austin. I am weary of all the contrives ways to try to match us up with Texas. Football has managed to avoid it in the Cotton Bowl, mainly because the sips didn't want to get beaten that badly Oklahoma got that honor.

Can't help but wonder if we would have been sent to Austin if we had a deeper team and Texas was not doing so well.
BQ_90
AG
They've pretty much sent the VB team every year. NCAA likes to save money on travel
biobioprof
In Creme's new bracketology, losing to W. Va means Baylor keeps a 1 seed, but gets them shipped to the regional in Stockton, California, instead of the one in OKC.

Stockton is the home of the Univ. of the Pacific. I have a former colleague there. Despite the name, Stockton issn't on the coast. It's in the central valley S of Sacramento and it's in an area that was hit really hard by the housing crash.
The Gainesville Taco Casa
greg.w.h said:

ESPN wants Texas v Texas A&M as does the NCAA, Texas and the Big 12.

No, they don't.

If it happens, it happens because of seeding. No one is purposely making this match up happen, and no one purposely wants it.

The NCAA (and Texas) want $$$$$ regardless of the match up.
mullokmotx
AG
Our final rpi is 22 which would be a 6 seed. At 21 is Elon who Crme has as a 11 seed, so we are one spot closer to a 5 seed. He still has Stanford going to West Virginia in the Bridgeport regional but says they might get dropped to a 3 seed in a different region which could bring them here. Could be an interesting show tonight. Also, the committee might not send Stanford from the west to 3 time zones away at West Virginia.
jvanbeek
AG
LA. I guess I am out. To far for now. :-(
Rudybryan
Justanotherposter
Saturday March 17? March 17 is Friday.
Kbeauty63
AG
LOL - sent them a DM on Twitter to that effect
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.