Chennedy Carter & Kayla Wells

2,662 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by greg.w.h
TomB
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Two of our highly ranked recruits played in Regional Finals this past weekend up here in the Dallas area. Chennedy (PG) led her team to victory and Mansfield Timberview (5A) will be in the state tournament semifinals this Thursday. Kayla (G) played very well but her team, South Grand Prairie, lost to perennial power Duncanville. The incoming class of 5 girls is currently ranked 9th. They should provide the depth we lack this year.
ComfortAg
AG
They might if Gary played freshman, but we all know that's not going to happen.
Bucketrunner
Serious question: why doesn't he develop freshmen? The only one I can remember playing a significant amount was Syd subbing in for Aqua at the S16 in OKC.
biobioprof
Bucketrunner said:

KSerious question: why doesn't he develop freshmen? The only one I can remember playing a significant amount was Syd subbing in for Aqua at the S16 in OKC.
You've forgotten Anriel already?!

Walker
CWill
Elonu
Aggiefansrus
Which is why Blair is going hard after 18 pg Tatum Veitenheimer. Carter can play anywhere the kid is grabbing the rim. Her ability to score is one of the best in the country. Blair has built as Championship team before and knows a pg that can run a team getting everyone involved is a must. If you watch Carter is off guard a lot in hs and at USA bball played off guard as well. She is more of a cwalk but much more dynamic. Aggies have two great players in wells and Carter. All 3 of these ladies have played one another growing up on the AAU circuit.
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
Anybody getting advertising audio when first on forum - cough med, airwick ?and mucilix.and amope !
aggieFann
I was just reading over Carter's stats for the USA U18 team from last year and her numbers were really good. It will be interesting to see if she plays for the U19 team this summer. I really hope Coach Blair molds his offensive scheme to fit his players instead of the opposite, especially with a talented group of athletic players coming in next year.
JR69
AG
ComfortAg said:

They might if Gary played freshman, but we all know that's not going to happen.
Sydney Colson
Sydney Carter
Adaora Elonu
Tyra White
Courtney Walker
Courtney Williams
Karla Gilbert

Just to name a few recent players

Also

Damitria Buchanan
La Toya Micheaux
Danielle Gant
Aqua Franklin
Takia Starks
Morenike Atunrase
Patrice Reado
aggieFann
Carter had 22 points last night in the semifinals. She will play in the 5A state championship game against Canyon who has won the last three state titles. Timberview edged Canyon by three points in a December match up so this should be a very good game in San Antonio tomorrow afternoon.
alamoaggie 64
He has played a lot of freshmen over the years. You have a short memory.
mullokmotx
AG
Alexis Standish earned the point guard position as a freshman in 2012.
MUAG
My observation was that Coach Blair does not develop or play bench players, not freshmen. Many times if a bench player got in, they tried so hard they made a mistake and instead of leaving them in to settle down they were jerked right back to the bench. Coach Blair has said he didn't know that Knox could play so good. How could he not know since he had already had her 4 years?
greg.w.h
AG
Curtyce is much better this year than in previous years when she played. It's night and day. My guess is when the mantle of necessity was placed on her shoulders she responded by wearing it well.

Blair starts freshmen and transfer who have earned starts. He knows when his players are ready and though I think there are legitimate concerns about using a deeper rotation he gets players off the floor that are jeopardizing games.

I personally like what Gary has done here and probably give him too much slack. But he has done what it took to make the NCAAT every year after his first two and frequently moves teams to the second round, S16 and three times with us to at least the E8. He has two career F4s and one NC. Since the NC he has had only one first round exit, two second round exits, one S16 and one E8 in five campaigns with a likely sixth or better seed this year.

Only Coach G has been more consistent for longer though Henry's women's t&f is a thing of wonder of course, but in a thinner talent pool than even WBB.

I hope Blair gets at least one more F4. And hope he gets to play out at least the incoming class. I also hope the staff finds opportunities to grade out a deeper rotation and can get more PT to promising players sooner.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.