Kim Mulkey celebrates Baylor's conference win

3,996 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by sharpdressedman
biobioprof
How long do you want to ignore this user?
By advocating violence
Quote:

"If somebody [is] around [you] and they ever say, 'I will never send my daughter to Baylor,' you knock them right in the face," Mulkey said into a microphone following a win over Texas Tech that secured a seventh straight Big 12 title.

Baylor fans cheered her message.
Edit to add: Should have known this was already on OR yesterday
BQ92
brotheraggie
F*** Baylor
Acesup
She's always been trash.
bqce
AG
That's very upsetting but not surprising.
EKG1996
Bucketrunner
And the crowd cheered. That fan base has a total lack of morals or self awareness. Smh.
Stone44
AG
Just what you expect from that road *****. I believe that she is Jerry Jones twin, fathered by the devil.
JR69
AG
Gonads23 said:

Just what you expect from that road *****. I believe that she is Jerry Jones twin, fathered by the devil.
I disagree. Mulkey makes Jerry Jones appear to be the epitome of class.
BQ92
AG
I would think they would discuss and even train on how to address certain questions and issues. Especially as much as the institution is trying to manage the message.

With that in mind, W T ....?

Kbeauty63
AG
who knows - they probably did. But from what I've seen of KM over the years - she basically does whatever the he** she wants to do...Shameful
BQ#1
AG
I thought a commentator made an interesting point when he said that if a male coach had made that statement Saturday night, he would have been fired Sunday, if it took that long.

This is another example of "win at all costs" at Baylor. They keep Mulkey because she wins, even though she is trash and an embarrassment. Besides the "knock them in the face" comment, I'm sure the good Baylor Baptist folks loved her language when describing Baylor as a "dam_ good school." And of course no one seeing it will ever forget her mini striptease at Reed arena to protest an official's call. Her supporters call her passionate and give her pass after pass. But at the end of the day, anyone acting like that habitually over the years is simply out of control trash.
biobioprof
Kim may be learning about the Streisand Effect

I was looking at the WBB scores on ESPN earlier, and all down the sidebar for Baylor's game were videos of people criticizing her comments (most seem to have scrolled off now), but included

and

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=18781790

And the headline on the ESPN coverage of their win vs OU

Quote:

No. 2 Baylor rolls Oklahoma 103-64 days after Mulkey's rant
trackaggie76
AG
You have to give her props for results but her tantrums are really unprofessional. She coaches exactly like she played--with unbelievable intensity--but she is not a player now she is a coach,
dlbarnes76
AG
I would say she conducts herself in a totally immature way both on the court and off. You can be intense and not be an a**hole in every thing you say and do. I learned all I needed to know about her when she couldn't bring herself to congratulate coach Blair after we won the national championship in 2011. He had been one of her coaches her at Louisiana Tech when she was a player. Just further proof that winning is the only thing that matters to some folks and they will excuse a host of misdeeds if the record is good enough.
monarch
S
Kim Mulkey looks like she has been knocked in the face-
ontheway
AG
monarch said:

Kim Mulkey looks like she has been knocked in the face-
LOL
trackaggie76
AG
Karma played its hand in the Big 12 tourney final!
cs69ag
AG
despite the loss, itsucks2bu will still be a no.1 seed...they knew that b4 the WVU game...so
the loss really did not hurt them that bad
Rudybryan
cs69ag said:

despite the loss, itsucks2bu will still be a no.1 seed...they knew that b4 the WVU game...so
the loss really did not hurt them that bad
Trust me her pride was hurt and couldn't happen to a better person.....WVA is unranked......and damn they played and kept me yelling......

cs69ag
AG
I enjoyed seeing the beat down by WVU....I guess Mulkey has some pride in her wins and her record...
she does not show much in most other areas!
sharpdressedman
She showed her and bu's ass with her comment, and it getting prolonged, national exposure confirms in the minds of many that bu is a cesspool.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.