***** BTHO S.Carolina!!!! *****

2,407 Views | 32 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by aggieFann
biobioprof
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I admit that it might be better for us if they weren't coming in off an upset loss. But maybe we can give them a losing streak.

I thought incorrectly that the Corps would come on Senior day. On the radio show, Blair said they will be there tonight.

biobioprof
Miss State and Kentucky is tight so far. 42-40 Dogs over Cats late in the 3rd. Need Vic to knock of UK. Didn't expect to get help from Ole Miss at Mizzou, and the Tigers lead by 11 after the first.
BQ92
AG
Knox with 8 but she looks winded
aggietoolman
AG
18-17 Ags. 2:59 in 1st
aggietoolman
AG
Whole team already looking winded. USC is trying to run fast tempo.
aggietoolman
AG
19-18 USC after 1st

Missed several bunnies already.
alamoaggie 64
Offense, defense--sometimes Hillsman just doesn't make it out of the locker room. I hope she can get her game together soon.
BQ92
AG
Needs to take it to the body of the shot blocker.
aggietoolman
AG
30-29 Ags. 4:22 in 2nd
aggietoolman
AG
35-31 USC. 2:12 in 2nd
aggietoolman
AG
39-33 USC. 43.8 in 2nd

Streak of turnovers from SC press
SA-AG72
AG
alamoaggie 64 said:

Offense, defense--sometimes Hillsman just doesn't make it out of the locker room. I hope she can get her game together soon.

Looks like she has lead in her shoes.
BQ92
AG
Why would the USC coach call a timeout when they have ALL the momentum. Hope it bites them in the
aggietoolman
AG
41-35 USC at the half
BrandoC
AG
Does Blair ever practice the press in practice?!
jt2hunt
AG
We seem to come up shot against the good teams this year. He plays a short bench. Won't the short bench be magnified in a tournament situation?

Do we not have any players on the bench capable of giving productive minutes? I don't know enough to say whether we have enough quality depth, or not. It just appears that a good team like miss state or s car can just stay at it and wear our main girls down.

Will next years team have significant more depth?

Thanks for any insight/thoughts.
BQ_90
AG
48-37 6:35
aggietoolman
AG
50-39 USC. 4:52 in 3rd
BQ92
AG
I'm guessing we will see a LOT of press against us in our short time in the tournament
aggietoolman
AG
56-41 USC. 2:18 in 3rd
aggietoolman
AG
60-41 USC. End of 3rd
BlackUnisRoll
This is one ugly, embarrassing exhibition of basketball by the Lady Ags tonight.
aggietoolman
AG
68-50 USC. 4:45
BQ92
AG
At this point I want to see some of the bench
aggietoolman
AG
73-57 USC. 2:17
aggietoolman
AG
80-64 USC. Final
Bucketrunner
Apparently we are incapable of developing Freshman into contributors. Either that or we don't recruit well.
biobioprof
That was a sad way to have the last home game of the season.

S. Carolina moves past Vic too.

BQ_90
AG
biobioprof said:

That was a sad way to have the last home game of the season.

S. Carolina moves past Vic too.

MSU Could have won title tonight and lost, USC has head to head win on MSU
mullokmotx
AG
The big number to me was we had 15 turnovers and they had 13 steals. The press combined with the refs letting a lot of contact go really hurt us. Needed to have everyone making plays and Danni, Taylor and Jasmine were 4 of 19 shooting, and Danni even missed 2 free throws. On the plus side Anriel came back after a couple of subpar games.
Looks like we'll be a 5 seed in the SEC tournament.
BQ_90
AG
It's not hard to gameplan against us if you're a pretty good team with a little depth.

Gary refuses to develop a bench. If the players aren't good enough to come off the bench then he needs to recruit better. But it's clear we just don't have a top 10 program. I thought we played MSU really well but I don't think we can hold up against teams like USCe, Baylor, Texas. They're bigs are just too much for us.

Also we used to be a very physical team. IMO we got soft. Is that the players, is that coaching changes, I don't know.
Wicked Good Ag
In regards to the depth and playing freshman. I will say this not an an excuse but as a observation.

When playing in the SEC each game will be big, some bigger than others and our starters when tired after hard play of 35 minutes plus are still better than our bench.

While i would like to see some depth occur and will likely have to to make a run in the SEC tourney, those 6 in the rotation even exhausted give the best chance to win.
MUAG
You are correct which only shows bench players are not developed or played as they should be. Not developing bench players so they can play at least a few minutes tends to
wear out the starters physically and mentally. Go to the conference tournament and visit with some parents of both starters and bench players.
aggieFann
I've said it before and I'll say it again...our starters need a break, especially the shooters. It's hard for a team to play their starters 40 minutes a game and be very successful (minus UCONN). In order to develop a bench, those players have to get game time experience. Even if coach got the starters' minutes down to 35 or so it would give them a second wind.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.