Rankings, ratings, rpi etc.

1,965 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by cs69ag
cs69ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Very conflicted out there......

Sagarin kept us at 29th despite the win over UT and has both UT and UK ahead of us.
We beat both on their home courts!
All I can figure is our 5 losses not counting MSU are all to unranked teams.
Cuse who was like 19th at the time, has now dropped to like 34th, but still a good win, particularly the day
after losing to Dayton.

Real Time RPI moved us up 4 spots to 16th...gives up hope for hosting a sub regional if we can finish at least there. I think wins over LSU, either MSU or USC and a win over Ole Miss would do it...win 3 of last 4 and at least one win in SEC tournament may give us a sub regional. There last 4 games helps sos win or lose..

I guess Charlie Creme's latest bracketology comes out tomorrow. He currently has us as a 5 seed...will be interesting if he moves us to a 4, and hopefully away from UCONN'S region.

The top 4 teams in the SEC tournament will have to win 3 games in 3 days to win the tournament.
With UT, UK and our Ags all facing depth problems, USC and MSU really has the upper hand.
cs69ag
AG
cs69ag said:

Very conflicted out there......

Sagarin kept us at 29th despite the win over UT and has both UT and UK ahead of us.
We beat both on their home courts!
All I can figure is our 5 losses not counting MSU are all to unranked teams.
Cuse who was like 19th at the time, has now dropped to like 34th, but still a good win, particularly the day
after losing to Dayton.

Real Time RPI moved us up 4 spots to 16th...gives up hope for hosting a sub regional if we can finish at least there. I think wins over LSU, either MSU or USC and a win over Ole Miss would do it...win 3 of last 4 and at least one win in SEC tournament may give us a sub regional. There last 4 games helps sos win or lose..

I guess Charlie Creme's latest bracketology comes out tomorrow. He currently has us as a 5 seed...will be interesting if he moves us to a 4, and hopefully away from UCONN'S region.

Now 23rd in the AP

The top 4 teams in the SEC tournament will have to win 3 games in 3 days to win the tournament.
With UT, UK and our Ags all facing depth problems, USC and MSU really has the upper hand.

greg.w.h
AG
Keep winning...
cs69ag
AG
CUSE is now ranked 21st in today's AP poll...a team with 8 losses, including a sound whipping by our Ags on a neutral floor. Go figure.
biobioprof
cs69ag said:

CUSE is now ranked 21st in today's AP poll...a team with 8 losses, including a sound whipping by our Ags on a neutral floor. Go figure.
Syracuse is 18-8 overall, but now that we are back in the rankings, 6 of those losses came to top 25 teams. Sagarin rankings for the unranked teams Cuse lost to

56 Georgia Tech
66 Drexel

Our losses to unranked teams are to
38 USC
44 Mizzou
72 Georgia
65 Dayton
101 SMU

Sagarin has us at 36 for SoS and Cuse at 38. It looks to me like the top of their OOC schedule was tougher than ours, but their cupcakes were worse.
cs69ag
AG
Good news....2/14 bracketology by Charlie Creme has our Ags as a 4 seed and hosting at Reed arena in a sub regional with Miami coming in as the 5 seed

Bad news....still in the UCONN regional and will go to Bridgeport to face the Huskies if we win the CS sub regional

Obviously, the seedings and brackets will likely change some with 4 games to go plus the SEC tournament. One thing for sure is our sos will improve along the way...getting to a 3 seed could be huge.

A Sweet 16 for this team would be a nice season...and who knows, an upset for the ages would be pretty high in Aggie lore!
biobioprof
If Miss State and S. Carolina remain 1 seeds, and the Ags remain a 4 or 5, then I think the way the committee tries to avoid the same conference meeting in the S16 would put us in UConn's region or facing Baylor in OKC (assuming we can get out of our sub-regional).

I don't think UConn has any top opponents left, so the assumption has to be that they stay the top overall seed. Of the other 1 seeds, which have the best chance of getting dropped to a 2 seed?

Remaining games:

S Carolina: Vandy, @Mizzou, @A&M, UK
MSU: GA, @A&M, @UK, Tenn
Baylor: OKSt, @Texas, Tech, @OU

Plus the conference tourneys.

For the 2 seeds
ND: @Clem, @syr, BC, FSU
FSU: @UVa, Clem, Pitt, @ND
MD: Wis, @tOSU, Minn
tu: @OU, BU, IaSt, KSt

So, if not UConn, we could have old B12 rivals Texas or Baylor, or rematches with recent tourney opponents in MD, ND, or FSU.

It would be fun to have former students Jada Terry or Peyton Little play a role in shaking things up.
cs69ag
AG
Better for our team and our fans to be in the OKC regional with bu as the likely opponent
if we both win our sub regionals on our home courts. As we saw in 2011, anything can happen!!
Need to beat LSU tomorrow night to stay on track! And we need a full house at Reed this Sunday afternoon to welcome Vic back to Aggieland. He is coming in with a loaded team.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.