GAME DAY PREVIEW: VANDERBILT

1,177 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by cs69ag
Rudybryan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
http://12thman.com/news/2017/1/1/womens-basketball-game-day-preview-vanderbilt.aspx
cs69ag
AG
Vandy will be tough to beat...well coached, they play smart and they can hit the 3 ball.
They also make their free throws.
biobioprof
cs69ag said:

Vandy will be tough to beat...well coached, they play smart and they can hit the 3 ball.
They also make their free throws.
With the growing pains on our team and the overall quality of SEC WBB, I don't think there are going to be any more easy wins. That said, Vandy may struggle if Webb is out, as she was in their last game, a loss to Memphis.

Remember that this is a new coach since the last time we played them. Stephanie White was coaching in the WNBA for since 2005, mostly as an assistant. She was HC of the fever for the last 2 years. She also did some games for ESPN and she's brought Carolyn Peck from ESPN to be associate HC.

Vandy is also young, especially if Webb can't go. Several freshmen have started for them.
Rudybryan
I have always like Carolyn Peck.......She has been in our corner when others weren't (2011)
cs69ag
AG
Yep...I like Carolyn a lot! She was on our band wagon early and never jumped off in the NC season and title run
thru bu, stanford and nd. Still remember those announcers with 5 min to go vs. stanford...all they could talk about was stanford vs nd.

I think Peck is running the Vandy team right now while White is finishing up her WNBA commitment.
Peck is the Associate Head Coach. Vandy has a great staff!
biobioprof
cs69ag said:

Yep...I like Carolyn a lot! She was on our band wagon early and never jumped off in the NC season and title run
thru bu, stanford and nd. Still remember those announcers with 5 min to go vs. stanford...all they could talk about was stanford vs nd.

I think Peck is running the Vandy team right now while White is finishing up her WNBA commitment.
Peck is the Associate Head Coach. Vandy has a great staff!
The Fever finished in September, losing in the first round. They hired Pokey Chatman as HC in Nov. White was using FaceTime to keep in touch with players during the WNBA season, but if Peck was running things that only would have been early prep. There are pics of White coaching in the Duke game.

fwiw, the Fever kneeled during the anthem before that playoff game in September. Players didn't tell White ahead of time, but she told them she was proud of them after.

From what I'm seeing in this piece on the Duke game, she is trying to put in a faster paced style than Balcomb used.
cs69ag
AG
White and Peck both on bench tonight with White standing most of the game.
I like the O they run and the way their players play. A little more height and talent and Vandy will be near the top in the league.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.