Texas A&M freshman Peyton Little to transfer

5,229 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 10 yr ago by New Army Lou
Ronnie Woodard
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just received word that freshman Peyton Little plans to transfer. Here's the release:

quote:
COLLEGE STATION, Texas – Texas A&M freshman guard Peyton Little (Abilene, Texas) has decided to transfer from Texas A&M at the conclusion of the academic year.

The 5-foot-11 guard played in all 35 games this season averaging 15 minutes per game. Little averaged 4.5 points and 1.2 rebounds per game in her freshman season.
SECivil Ag-11
AG
dang...

I know that she is very good friends with Alexia Standish. Wonder if that had anything to do with it.

Really sad to see that she's leaving.
alamoaggie 64
hate to see her go. Even though she was in that shooting slump, she still played hard.
Lance in Round Mountain
AG
Where is she going?
cs69ag
AG
Wish she would stay at TAMU and get the value of an Aggie degree whether she plays bb or not.
Maybe she thinks she has a chance to play pro ball somewhere some day and needs to show what she can do.
mullokmotx
AG
Very very disappointed to hear this. I enjoyed watching her play. She only played a minute or 2 against Nebraska and was in that 3 point shooting drought. Presented herself very well at the luncheons and on the radio show.
cs69ag
AG
Seems like she would have wanted to compete for the starting 3 player with Tori and Williams, although Williams may become a 4 player.
Peyton could also play the 2 and the 1 although likely not start at either. I guess she feels she will get more PT elsewhere...might be t.u., bu or tceh.
jefe95
AG
Really hate to see her go. Enjoyed watching her play this year.
dfleig
AG
This is not good at all. Jordan was a great kid and future star player with true grit. Combine this with Lexi's abrupt departure and the disappointing inability to capitalize on a national championship in recruiting and it just does not speak well of the trajectory of the program and Gary's ability to keep things together. This is just profoundly disappointing. Wonder what the heck is really going on?!
Inca
AG
quote:
This is not good at all. Jordan was a great kid and future star player with true grit. Combine this with Lexi's abrupt departure and the disappointing inability to capitalize on a national championship in recruiting and it just does not speak well of the trajectory of the program and Gary's ability to keep things together. This is just profoundly disappointing. Wonder what the heck is really going on?!

What does Jordan have to do with this?
JR69
AG
quote:
disappointing inability to capitalize on a national championship in recruiting

You're disappointed in the #2 in the nation 2012 recruiting class? I'm just disappointed one of them is transferring.
Thymes
I see it as JR69 does.

It's not so much the inability to capitalize on a national championship in recruiting, but instead the exact opposite. We've capitalized so much in recruiting that some of those recruited players are justifiably concerned they won't get as much playing time as they'd like.
Strike One
Thymes: I hope that is the problem, but I have a feeling it's something more than that going on the last 2 years.
OilFieldIRI
S
Heard we lost her to Angelo State University
dfleig
AG
First I meant Peyton. Second, I would respectfully suggest you are mistaken on the recruiting. I believe the Fab 6 freshmen were committed before we won the title.
JR69
AG
Without going back to do the research, I will go out on a limb to say I doubt they all 6 committed as juniors. When did Peyton Little de-commit fro tu? When did Courtney Walker de-commit from OU?

Thymes
quote:
Thymes: I hope that is the problem, but I have a feeling it's something more than that going on the last 2 years.
Kids can leave a program for a combination of reasons, but I'm pretty sure that if a tally sheet were kept, the prospect of riding the bench would be the leading cause of most transfers.

[This message has been edited by Thymes (edited 4/20/2013 8:48a).]
35tangotango
Peyton Little has signed a financial aid agreement with the University of Oklahoma

http://www.soonersports.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/042213aaa.html
Rudybryan
http://www.soonersports.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/042213aaa.html

FIFY
Rudybryan
Kelsey left USC because she was homesick.

Della Donne left UCONN because she was homesick and had lost her passion for basketball. Went to Delaware and played vollyball first before she returned to the hardwood.

Tyra White almost left us a dozen times because she was homesick....and would miss the planes coming from holidays and would always be late...then she had to pay the price for being late.

Over the years there has always been displeasure with playing time especially among high recruited players. They were stars and starters in high school, team ball, etc then they get to college and are faced with the fact that their are others that are better than they are....

It is a personal decision between the player and her family....it is none of our business....it's part of basketball....we have to accept and honor the students wishes....they have to do what's best for them......so thank them for what they did while they were here....wish them the best and start acting like aggies and not idiots.
MUAG
Best summary of transfers yet. Thanks rudybryan.
ballgirl
Nicely said! Now move on...
mullokmotx
AG
I agree. It's time to encourage and support Karla, Kristen, Tori, Rachel, Courtney, Courtney, Chelsea, Jordan, Curtyce and Jada. They are our team. I'll be looking forward to seeing Curtyce and Jada playing their first game.
CDub06
AG
quote:
It is a personal decision between the player and her family....it is none of our business....it's part of basketball....we have to accept and honor the students wishes....they have to do what's best for them......so thank them for what they did while they were here....wish them the best and start acting like aggies and not idiots.
New Army Lou
My daughter was very sad to hear this from the other players at JAC end of year party. The players didn't seem to know how to answer her when she asked where Peyton was....(Kaylee was a ball girl and knows them all) I am sad to see her go but I still love the girls that are here and completely trust Blair. Players transfer, quit and comeback for all different reasons. Could you imagine the entire Aggie population watching your every move and critiquing you for it? I will just continue to support the Aggie Athletes that are here and wish the others good luck on their journey.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.