Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Recommendations on finding investors for PE real estate

1,271 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by CPDAggie10
JamesBREI06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Howdy Y'all,

A little over six years ago I posted on this very website asking for some advice. That led me to my current business partners and since then we have grown tremendously and fairly organically. In the past, we have been primarily focused on placing private bridge debt for small commercial operators and home flippers. That business has grown from $4MM under management after year one to about $60MM. We have gone from three employees to 16 and still growing. Our office was a converted house near hobby airport, now we are on the 17th floor of a high rise in the Energy Corridor. It's been a fun ride!

We fund the loans by coupling bank debt with privately raised equity and continually recycle that money as loans pay off and originate new. We have a stellar track record of delivering annualized double digit returns year-over-year.

We now have started a new venture working with commercial operators to aggregate LPs for their projects while acting as a fiduciary to our investors. Although we have a stable investor base, we are seeing the ability for growth and want to position ourselves to take advantage of eventual shifts in the market.

I am looking for guidance on clubs or groups I can join to expand my networking horizons. Any and all help would be much appreciated!

TLDR

Once upon a time Texags really helped me out, and I am returning to the power of Texags to help guide me to investment clubs if such a thing exists!

Thanks and Gig 'em
James Behanick
'06 Finance
'07 MRE
TxAg20
AG
I'm a PE real estate investor and work with several family offices to source deals. Shoot me an email if you don't mind: removed

AgsMyDude
AG
RE Investor here looking for something like this. Email is in my profile if you wanted to shoot me one.
JamesBREI06
AG
sent
JamesBREI06
AG
sent
wilhunting
AG
RE investor since 2000, and interested…

chad @ savoycompanies dot com
JamesBREI06
AG
Sent
BDJ_AG
AG
I invest with a group in the multi-family arena and it's been a grass roots effort to get investors. Initially it took a while to get the funding for projects, but now because of proven results, deals fill up very quickly.

I'd be interested to hear more about what you and your group are doing:
JamesBREI06
AG
sent
CPDAggie10
AG
sent you a pm with my email. would like to hear more.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.