Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Quarter of a point. Why not rip the band aid-off?

1,148 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by $30,000 Millionaire
BTHOB-98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Here is my question. Why not just go up a point and announce you are done. The market could take it and then everyone would know what to plan for. The only reason I can think of for going up a quarter of a point each month for the next few months is to let someone on the insider get a soft landing and reinvest. How does that benefit the overall economy?

The only other thing that I can think of is that it gives time for China to start to recover and supply to pick back up.

What say you TexAgs Business?
agnerd
AG
Wondering out loud if the Fed has become more sensitive to the poor over the years and is willing to allow higher inflation instead of making necessary cuts. Seems that they prioritize preserving jobs above controlling inflation. I guess you can then debate which is actually better for the poor.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
We're establishing an equilibrium, but I think inflation will be stickier than most expect. I'd actually prefer the fed was always as gradual as they are now.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.