Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Geico renewals are sky high

6,682 Views | 73 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by rlb28
idAg09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I also switched to Progressive at the end of December. Goosehead pitched the Snap shot app to save $500 and said we only had to have it on our phones for 30 days.

30+ days pass with 5 star driving and we call Progressive to ask if it is ok to remove app and if they got everything they needed. They tell us the snapshot needs to stay on your phone the entire time you have coverage. This damn thing tracks everything and even knows when you are a passenger (how????).

After a week of back and forth plus un-returned phone calls, Goosehead finally says they changed something recently and would have to keep the app or order a plug in for the cars. Of course Goosehead already received their separately paid brokerage fee via CC. We deleted app anyways so we will see what happens (I think we paid for the year already).
rlb28
AG
idAg09 said:

I also switched to Progressive at the end of December. Goosehead pitched the Snap shot app to save $500 and said we only had to have it on our phones for 30 days.

30+ days pass with 5 star driving and we call Progressive to ask if it is ok to remove app and if they got everything they needed. They tell us the snapshot needs to stay on your phone the entire time you have coverage. This damn thing tracks everything and even knows when you are a passenger (how????).

After a week of back and forth plus un-returned phone calls, Goosehead finally says they changed something recently and would have to keep the app or order a plug in for the cars. Of course Goosehead already received their separately paid brokerage fee via CC. We deleted app anyways so we will see what happens (I think we paid for the year already).
Our insurance agency was one of the first to offer MyRate telematics with Progressive back in 2008. Since then, the problems associated with it have prohibited us from selling it. We threaten employees with termination if they sell it (joking).

Having said that, my family got 18% off with Progressive and about 10% off with Travelers when we used the telematics several years ago when my kids were teens. We used the app, but the plug-in isn't bad.

If you deleted the app you likely won't get the discount. As for the app knowing you are the passenger??? Your exit your vehicle and turn to the right when you're the passenger and left when you're the driver.
rday34
What kind of coverage you guys running? With the cost of everything these days, I increased everything, but not sure if this is overkill:

Liability to Others
Bodily Injury Liability $250,007 each person/$500,007 each accident

Property Damage Liability $100,007 each accident

Personal Injury Protection Rejected

Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Bodily Injury $250,007 each person/$500,007

Uninsured/Underinsured Property Damage $50,007
rlb28
AG
I like all what you have. I do add PIP. You (or whoever is in your car) get the money no matter who's fault the accident is.

Not much difference in premium between 50/100/50 and 100/300/100 so i say at least do that.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.