Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Anyone else here also a Marriott Cobalt member?

8,277 Views | 77 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by MyMamaSaid
Ghost of Bisbee
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If you know, you know

https://thepointsguy.com/guide/marriott-secret-cobalt-elite-status/amp/
texAZtea
AG
I know a guy who spends 100 nights a year in a Marriott hotel and he's only platinum.
Killin Me Smalls
AG
Just a measly Lifetime Titanium here
CapAmr05
AG
I wish.

I have a friend who's an upper exec at Fedex and she got into Delta's super secret elite program.
BenTheGoodAg
AG
I'm a Plutonium "Sleep in my Own Bed" member. 345 nights a year, including Christmas and Thanksgiving.

Yes, it's awesome.
LMCane
I was Platinum when taking a new job in Hartford back in 2012 and the company put me up at a Marriott for 2 months

have been Gold for a long time- up to 175K points right now
62strat
AG
LMCane said:

I was Platinum when taking a new job in Hartford back in 2012 and the company put me up at a Marriott for 2 months

have been Gold for a long time- up to 175K points right now

Amex marriott card recently changed from auto gold to auto platinum.. so we're platinum now.. I assume since it's easy to get for anyone now, it may dilute the benefits a bit..

Course the yearly fee went up about $100.

We just blew through a pretty good chunk of points last summer/fall, but we were at 500k I think. (wife and I both card churn)
62strat
AG
texAZtea said:

I know a guy who spends 100 nights a year in a Marriott hotel and he's only platinum.
75 nights a year gets you titanium automatically. Your friend would be ambassador elite with 100 nights, plus $23k spend.

https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/member-benefits.mi
Buck Compton
AG
Still ambassador elite unfortunately. Benefits are nice, but not worth all the extra travel. Also lifetime status was achieved during the SPG/Marriott program merger.

Don't know anything about Cobalt or anything like that and my annual hotel spend is usually around $40,000
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Titanium here and lifetime platinum.

Anything above gold just doesn't matter other than point accumulation with stays. Have had an ambassador in the past, I really didn't find them that useful, even in a bind. Got many cases of "there is nothing we can do" when I'd be stuck in a city or something.

Cobalt program sounds like just more of the same TBH.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
62strat
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Anything above gold just doesn't matter other than point accumulation with stays. Have had an ambassador in the past, I really didn't find them that useful, even in a bind. Got many cases of "there is nothing we can do" when I'd be stuck in a city or something.

ambassador has 24 hr check in/out.
Other than that, yeh about the same.
Buck Compton
AG
62strat said:

I had better luck with ambassador service when I had a personalized, assigned advisor. They were awesome with planning vacations and stuff. It was also good for forcing my way into a fully booked hotel when I needed to be there for business. No questions asked. Paid full rack rate, but it was on the company.

Now it's just a separate central line. Nothing too special expect for getting the check in and out.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I forgot about the my24. That was useful. I will not requalify in 2023 for Titanium and I'm glad for that. Also giving up executive platinum in February. No complaints about that either.
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
Buck Compton said:

62strat said:

I had better luck with ambassador service when I had a personalized, assigned advisor. They were awesome with planning vacations and stuff. It was also good for forcing my way into a fully booked hotel when I needed to be there for business. No questions asked. Paid full rack rate, but it was on the company.

Now it's just a separate central line. Nothing too special expect for getting the check in and out.

Was ambassador right during the merger and I found it very beneficial when they had assigned ambassadors. Mine helped me out in a BIG way on my honeymoon. Saved me thousands of dollars.

2 platinum years away from lifetime platinum. I still find a lot of value in the luxury point redemption stays.

The "buy 4 nights on points get the 5th free" is also awesome
62strat
AG
Ghost of Bisbee said:

Buck Compton said:

62strat said:

The "buy 4 nights on points get the 5th free" is also awesome
this benefit is for every loyalty level fyi.
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
Yea, I get a lot of use out of it. It's worth it at the luxury brands
Aggie369
AG
Lifetime titanium elite here, or whatever they changed it to

It used to be good when I would call and a person would pick up and know it was me calling. Now i just have lots of points and talk to a machine before they transfer me to a person who asks all the same questions the dumb machine asked ...nothing special really.
94chem
I just stay wherever Orbitz tells me to.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Not proud of this.

Aggie369
AG
Gross

I didn't know u could look that up....I'm 965 nights and I'm 36....it ain't worth it I know that. As i post this from a hotel
Whirligigs
Yeah they really did a number with elite rewards - might as well just give us a NFT we can collect royalties from. The new world sucks. Customer service sucks.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Marriot is dog crap. Starwood was so much better.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Aggie369 said:

Gross

I didn't know u could look that up....I'm 965 nights and I'm 36....it ain't worth it I know that. As i post this from a hotel

Get out of that life, man. Tell Accenture or whoever you work for to F off.
Sea Speed
AG

It really is. I am titanium elite and booked vacation travel and had several suite night upgrades available and the last place we stayed wouldn't upgrade us even though I could book like 10 different suites the same time we were there through the app. What's the point if offering rewards of you won't even let customers use them.
RGRAg1/75
AG
Just looked it up. I have a 13 y/o daughter. I've been gone almost 100 nights a year (on avg) since she was born. Gut punch….

I will say, our family travels together a fair amount and I use the crap out of my status (air/car/hotel) to our advantage.
Killin Me Smalls
AG

Aggie369 said:

Gross

Get out of that life, man. Tell Accenture or whoever you work for to F off.
cjo03
AG

my circa 2005-2011 self agrees with this. Deloitte though, not Accenture.
62strat
AG
Dang.. I've never even 'travelled' for work!

In actuality, I have maybe 6-12 nights in Bakersfield, north Dakota and Calgary.

But I got a big chunk 8 years ago at a hotel that was just 60 miles from my home I stayed at Monday nights for a while. So it was wake up Monday at home, go to work, go to hotel, then come home Tuesday at normal time. I also didn't have kids for most of that.

JSKolache
AG
Oilfield Trash Elite
cjo03
AG
Didn't know you could look it up. I'm just a peasant!

Was heavier Hilton for a number of years - remember my Hilton # off top of my head but not my password so no idea if I have anything lifetime there.

Mostly AirBNB these days!
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I thought everyone that worked at Toilette & D-ouche LLP was an SPG loyalist.
94chem

Not proud of this.

Dang, you built an entire Mormon temple, and paid for printing over a million Steven Covey books.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
kyledr04
AG
Never heard of cobalt. You can't even get lifetime titanium anymore. I got titanium for the first time last year. Still a ways from lifetime platinum.

I've has good luck with suite night awards so far.
Aggie95
AG
Cobalt...never heard of it. My travel slowed the last 2 years...

Need to ask our CEO. He has lived in a JW Marriott for almost 2 years (as his house is rebuilt) AND travels about 75 nights a year. Marriott told him he couldn't collect double points...for his "home" and travel on same nights. That lasted about a week after he made reservations at another property. No idea how many points he has but it has to be a ton.
cjo03
AG

I thought everyone that worked at Toilette & D-ouche LLP was an SPG loyalist.

As usual, you're not wrong… but those were ironman days and I was all about efficiency.. Hilton Glendale was across the street from client-Nestle for a few years
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.