Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Need Accountant for Sale of Small Business (Tyler or Dallas)

1,520 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by LaBamba
beerag04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My parents are selling their small business between Dallas and Tyler. My dad has always done his own taxes, but is finally listening to me that he needs expert tax advise on how best to structure the sale of the business. His preference would be someone in Tyler or close by that he can go sit down with, but open to any good suggestions.
ChoppinDs40
AG
beerag04 said:

My parents are selling their small business between Dallas and Tyler. My dad has always done his own taxes, but is finally listening to me that he needs expert tax advise on how best to structure the sale of the business. His preference would be someone in Tyler or close by that he can go sit down with, but open to any good suggestions.

I do M&A advisory in the middle and lower middle market.

Do you know how his business is currently structured? what kind of operation is it?

Generally, he'll want to sell stock as to avoid ordinary income on the sale of any assets inside the business.

With him doing his own taxes, assuming he does what many small business owners do and run lots of questionable "business" expenses through, selling stock may be hard for a buyer to swallow as they ultimately inherit any future tax burden.

This can all be indemnified and structured around but some more context would be helpful.
BizBroker97
AG
Did you ever get the help you needed? I've worked with a CPA in Tyler on several occasions that specializes in preparing business financials for a sale - he's in Tyler but he has clients all over the state. My email address is in my profile if you want to shoot me message and I can make an introduction for you.
lb3
AG
Not sure how the board would feel but I want a guy with Choppin Ds in his handle structuring my M&A deals.
The Collective
AG
lb3 said:

Not sure how the board would feel but I want a guy with Choppin Ds in his handle structuring my M&A deals.

It is just a Von Miller reference!
LaBamba
AG
What about a guy with the handle LaBamba? I'm a CPA in the B/CS area, but am happy to head up to that area to meet with your dad.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.