Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Accounting Software Other Than QB

1,338 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by rgm97
n_touch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Longtime user of Quickbooks Desktop but am getting tired of the continued upgrades needed just to accept payments. What other products are you guys using? Accept Payments? Cheaper than QB?
atmtws
AG
You may look into Xero. I've never used it.
LOYAL AG
AG
What else besides payment processing do you do in QB? Desktop is going to require a small subscription starting with 2022 so the cost structure is going to get worse for low feature users like you might be.

Maybe try Xero or FreshBooks or if payments are all you need look at PayPal or square. QB anything is a big solution if all you need is payment processing.
A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
khkman22
AG
LOYAL AG said:

What else besides payment processing do you do in QB? Desktop is going to require a small subscription starting with 2022 so the cost structure is going to get worse for low feature users like you might be.

Maybe try Xero or FreshBooks or if payments are all you need look at PayPal or square. QB anything is a big solution if all you need is payment processing.
Is that per license only, or per company like the online version?
TheSheik
AG
I think Square can do what you need - not very fancy but it can do basic stuff like that
LOYAL AG
AG
khkman22 said:

LOYAL AG said:

Is that per license only, or per company like the online version?
I believe it's per license. It's important to know that this is starting with Desktop 2022 so if you have 2021 or older you're good. But if you used Desktop you know they sunset things like payroll so eventually you'll have to upgrade.

Here's their current pricing guide:

QBD Pricing

Looks like Pro Plus is now $350/year, Premier Plus $550/year and Enterprise $1340/year. That does not include payroll processing which is about $500/year plus transaction costs. It does include backups and upgrades though I'm not sure we've seen the latter for a decade or more.

I moved my client base to Online five years ago and have fully expected them to eliminate Desktop entirely but this looks like they're either doubling down on it or making it unpalatable to stay in desktop, not sure which to be honest but if I had to guess I'd say the latter. It's a legacy product with a declining user base, other than maybe Enterprise I can see it being economically viable for much longer.
A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
tommyjohn
I use the desktop and was forced to upgrade to 2022 recently. The reminders I kept getting about the upgrade only mentioned online and it turn out merging to online was going to be a royal PIA because I already have online payroll.

A few hours on the phone any they mention to me perhaps I should just try desktop 2022. Problem solved.

$350 a year for desktop and then an additional charge for payroll online.

Ain't cheap but it is easy and what I know.
rgm97
A company called Fourlane in Austin sells Desktop for $199.99.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.