Business & Investing
Sponsored by

What's a good international ETF

927 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by RockOn
jamey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
One without the US I can use in my 401K self managed fund, which I think means it doesn't have tax consequences that prevent purchase in the self managed 401K

It appears I can buy ACWX in my self managed. Is that one good?
RockOn
VXUS is nearly identical to the one you mentioned but with 1/5th of the cost. And almost all the outperformance of VXUS over ACWX is because of lower fee.

Portfolio Visualizer
Harkrider 93
AG
Compare to APHKX
OldArmyCT
AG
Harkrider 93 said:

Compare to APHKX
APHKX is a mutual fund with a 1.02% expense ratio. OP asked for an ETF. VXUS is a Vanguard total International Market ETF with a 0.22% expense ratio. There are others.
RockOn
OldArmyCT said:

Harkrider 93 said:

Compare to APHKX
APHKX is a mutual fund with a 1.02% expense ratio. OP asked for an ETF. VXUS is a Vanguard total International Market ETF with a 0.22% expense ratio. There are others.
0.07%
AggiEE
VXUS is a good market cap weighted fund that includes emerging markets (at around 25%, 75% are developed markets).

If you're looking for international small cap value funds for higher expected returns and diversification of risk factors, I recommend AVDV for Developed Small Cap Value, and AVES for Emerging Markets Value.
RockOn
AggiEE said:

VXUS is a good market cap weighted fund that included emerging markets (at around 25%, 75% are developed markets).

If you're looking for international small cap value funds for higher expected returns and diversification of risk factors, I recommend AVDV for Developed Small Cap Value, and AVES for Emerging Markets Value.
Avantis is great.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.