Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Folks Likely to Buy a Hotel Franchise?

1,820 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by AggieDruggist89
Rascal
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Asking for a little informal research help for a project I'm working on at work.

Trying to define what type of person is the most likely prospect for a corporate hotel brand (i.e. Hilton, IHG, Choice Hotels, etc) who is looking to push their franchise development strategy.

Anyone have any thoughts on appropriate characteristics or traits of a likely candidate to purchase and operate a hotel franchise?

Thanks in advance!
752bro4
AG
Last name: Patel
Adverse Event
2nd and 3rd'd
bam02
AG
What I was thinking! I just couldn't think of a clever way to put it.
EclipseAg
AG
Rascal sets 'em up; 752bro4 knocks 'em down!
chris1515
AG
I'm guessing the attributes the OP is looking for are similar across other franchises.

I'd guess the people most likely to buy a hotel franchise and those that already own another hotel franchise and are either looking to grow their portfolio or switch brands at properties they already own.

All I know about owning hotels, I learned from watching Ben Mallah…so I really am kind of an expert here!
jj9000
AG
Reach out to Ruth Langmore.
Rascal
AG
jj9000 said:

Reach out to Ruth Langmore.
AggieDruggist89
AG
Some Shaws and Bhaktas mixed in.

I have quite a few Patel friends who own hotels. Because major franchisers require franchisees to reinvest and upgrade/update the properties, he says the margin is thin. More profitable to own a lesser brand chain hotels or flip the property to profit.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.