Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Seeking advice: Small franchise owners

1,473 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by whoop1995
Aggie118
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Howdy Ags!

Currently am stationed in Savannah, GA area for the next few years and am tossing around the idea of owning a smaller investment franchise, think coffee shop/snow cones/frozen yogurt etc… I live in an up and coming community where we seem to be lacking a lot of these types of places and I feel they would thrive. Especially the hotter climate suited treats since it's summer here 85% of the year.

Would love to hear from those who currently/have in the past, owned a smaller franchise about your experience. Pros, cons, etc…

Also would love to chat further with anyone willing about more specifics via email or phone. Shoot me a DM if willing. Thanks!
Bob Knights Paper Hands
You should open some type of workout +daycare facility with a coffee/ juice bar that also serves booze. Hot, toned mom's that wanna get glazed while your peeps watch little Johnny and before they go back to their boring lives/husbands. That's all I've got for you - hot moms.
whoop1995
AG
Do a mobile trailer and travel to the events or parking lot - why give the franchise royalties away if it's an impulse item at a selected spot for a selected time- do your research and you can pull it off.

I do like the alcohol and the hot moms thing though
Sully Dog
Thinking about a trailer park
Deplorable Neanderthal Clinger
Sully Dog
whoop1995 said:

Do a mobile trailer and travel to the events or parking lot - why give the franchise royalties away if it's an impulse item at a selected spot for a selected time- do your research and you can pull it off.

This, I've been looking at doing a Sloshie trailer for events, rodeos and concerts
Deplorable Neanderthal Clinger
whoop1995
AG
Sully Dog said:

whoop1995 said:

This, I've been looking at doing a Sloshie trailer for events, rodeos and concerts
I was in sealy Texas for a softball tournament that happened to be part of an annual fair the town had and there was a vendor that had a soda trailer - if you bought an arm band of a specific day and a mug for some thing like $10 you got unlimited soda for the day.

Like $25 for the weekend and you got a mug an armband color coded and unlimited soda for the weekend. The people just helped themself like a fountain soda at Whataburger all the attendant did was take the cash check the arm band change the soda syrup when it needed to be changed.

The rig was pretty sweet - small co2 tanks and soda syrup - he had exotic sodas like blueberry strawberry etc and they had plenty of ice to cool the soda lines that ran through a cooler filled with ice before it got to the cup.
I am sure coolers are better now and you might be able to run the soda through metal in the ice chest to cool it even more.

Sorry to be so long winded but it was a pretty sweet gig. Cost for the space in festival, the rig initial build, ice, metal cups or whatever, a person. They said that some festivals wouldn't be uncommon to sell 500 cups or more - sealy he estimated 100 for the weekend
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.