Business & Investing
Sponsored by

SOL crypto

5,305 Views | 58 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by LatinAggie1997
Done7
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This is probably way overdue. But SOL needs it own thread.

This crypto is on fire($40 to $180 in less than 30 days) and I believe it has more legs. This is a fully bulit out blockchain that can be scaled out to 50k transactions per second and has extremely low fees. I wouldn't be surprised if SOL becomes the 3rd largest crypto, which would put its price at over $300 by the end of the year. If there is an ETH killer, this is the one.

Cheers!
administrative errors
If staph were consistent. They'd disagree. I've lobbied for a crypto board in the past. Write to admin@texags.com
Coming soon:
AE Ventures - sooner than soon
*Psychedelic Retreats
*Physical and mental exercises
*Addiction services

Step 3: property found

Step 4: set date

Step 5: plan agenda for participants, food, logistics etc, integration and counseling post-experience

Step 6: long-term planning

I am amped.
TxAG#2011
SOL founder, team, and Alameda Research are the most impressive I've come across
Duncan Idaho
Yeah but which Instagram influencers have signed on?
mrmill3218
AG
I saw that it dipped a bit. Good time to buy?
Done7
Yes. I pick up a few in the 160's.
Done7
Just the owner of FTX.
Pepper Brooks
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

Yeah but which Instagram influencers have signed on?
No JFF? No Vitor? No ESG angle?

I'll pass.
Red Red Wine
AG
Where was this advice in March?

I could have had it for $14 instead of $173.
Done7
I posted a few weeks(8/13) ago on the other crypto thread. It was at $40 then.
Pepper Brooks
AG
To be fair, many of us have talked about SOL during the life of that thread. I took my bag from 60 to 100 during the most recent dip.
mrmill3218
AG
Just picked some up at $168. Couple minutes later it went to $163 lol.

Hopefully it doesn't fall too low.
Done7
It's been a wild day. IMO this thing will continue to increase until it reaches ADA current market cap. There is no reason ADA marketcap should be higher than SOL. Sorry to all the ADA fans.
JamesBREI06
AG
My bags were at 23 and I'm HODL now
Whoop!
Red Red Wine
AG
All good bro. Was just funnin' ya!
kb2001
AG
I got in on SOL at $25-$30, loving this boom. I sold some yesterday to get my initial investment back, my bag is pure profit at this point.

With all the El Salvador talk today, it's hard to watch that happen knowing that SOL is a much better fit for use as a day to day point-of-sale token. The transactions are lightning fast, the fees are extremely low, and it can handle about 50,000 transaction per second. Compare that to Visa which averages about 2000 tps.

While everything else dropped 20-25% today, SOL didn't care, when things bounced back a bit an hour later, SOL actually had a wick hit $200 on Coinbase.

I also like that it only takes a few days to unstake.
Pepper Brooks
AG
$190
TxAG#2011
I haven't checked my balance on CB in a couple months on it and I am legitimately nervous
Pman17
AG
$200
MavsAg
AG
I'm somewhat of a newbie when it comes to crypto. Do most of y'all buy through Coinbase? If not, what other good alternatives are out there?
TxAG#2011
I'd also encourage anyone in SOL to look at FTT. It's the exchange token for FTX, so same founder/team.

Can't buy it without a VPN though unfortunately, which makes zero sense considering wealthy Americans like TB12 can invest in funding rounds for FTX international.
mrmill3218
AG
Is SOL still a good move in the $190s?
Done7
That's a little high for my taste. I would put in some limit orders in the $160 to $175 range.
Pepper Brooks
AG
Your guess is as good as anyone's. $283 a coin at the current supply puts it roughly at Cardanos current market cap but I have no idea if or how quickly it might get there.
mrmill3218
AG
Done7 said:

That's a little high for my taste. I would put in some limit orders in the $160 to $175 range.
How do you do limit orders?
Done7
I use coinbase pro to set limits orders.

To add to my previous comment. Many pros have SOL going north of $300 in the short-term. The long-term estimate if SOL takes 10% of ETH market share is like $750. So consider your risk to reward ratio when buying at these prices
Birdbear
AG
A coworker convinced me to buy SOL back when it was $7. I took out my original investment amount when it hit 10x and turned that piece into SRM and RAY, and the rest is still riding.

I owe that dude so many beers.
mrmill3218
AG
Gosh, still waiting for my break. I get in everything too dang late!

I did get in polygon at .37, but it hasn't gone crazy high yet.
Pepper Brooks
AG
Polygons value is 100% dependent on ETH being relevant in the space. Odds are that it will be but I'm planning on getting out at the next major run up.
administrative errors
kb2001 said:

I got in on SOL at $25-$30, loving this boom. I sold some yesterday to get my initial investment back, my bag is pure profit at this point.

With all the El Salvador talk today, it's hard to watch that happen knowing that SOL is a much better fit for use as a day to day point-of-sale token. The transactions are lightning fast, the fees are extremely low, and it can handle about 50,000 transaction per second. Compare that to Visa which averages about 2000 tps.

While everything else dropped 20-25% today, SOL didn't care, when things bounced back a bit an hour later, SOL actually had a wick hit $200 on Coinbase.

I also like that it only takes a few days to unstake.

I've been waiting 3 days to post this.

Sure seems like they are suffering for speedy transactions down south. Bitcoin lightning network is stupid fast.
Coming soon:
*Psychedelic Retreats
*Addiction services

Step 5: plan agenda for participants, food, logistics etc, integration and counseling post-experience

I am amped.
Done7
Down to $158. Might be a good time to load up and set lower limit orders.
badharambe
AG
do not want above 100.

Done7
I hope it goes lower. I get paid on the 15th. I will load up even more. This is almost a guaranteed $300 token IMO.
administrative errors
*cough*
Coming soon:
*Psychedelic Retreats
*Addiction services

I am amped.
Done7
And they fixed it. The price barely flinched. You are acting like ETH and other blockchains haven't had any issues in the past. Still holding and loading up.

On a positive note 400,000 TPS is pretty damn impressive

Edit: sorry I thought it was fixed. They are still working on it.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.