Business & Investing
Sponsored by

I want to learn/trade about stocks. What are the best books/websites?

1,468 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by $30,000 Millionaire
Knaack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I have friends that are making good money off stocks. I want to get into it.

Wondering what you would recommend and what you currently do.
azul_rain
investing is a long term game, dont day trade unless you know what the **** youre doing. start off by looking at stocks like FAANG and their performance, dont get cocky and dont fall for get rich quick schemes, know when to pull out and dont be greedy, good hunting
chris1515
AG
Tell us more about your friends and what type of profits we are talking about here?

bmks270
AG
One up on Wall Street by Peter lynch

Fooled by randomness by Nassim Taleb
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Start here.

https://texags.com/forums/57/topics/2721405

Find the Jobman book. Then find John Carter's book.
Scimitar
AG
https://texags.com/forums/57/topics/3204724/replies/59482094

The above references an opinion and is for information purposes only. It is not intended to be investment advice. Seek a duly licensed professional for investment advice.
northeastag
AG
Good luck OP. But before you get started, you might want to read "A Random Walk Down Wall Street" by Burton Malkiel. It will make you feel a little more modest during periods when you beat the market, and give you a little more understanding during periods when you don't.
Tex_Ag_2017
AG
If you're interested in trying out options, look at the wheel strategy. Nothing in this strategy has unlimited risk unless the stock price goes to 0. The goal is to basically get a stock cheaper than it currently is by selling puts and if it executes start selling covered calls. It is a long term play for making 10% returns instead of like 8% returns. Over the long haul, those extra premiums can really add up. I really like TechConversations on youtube for explaining this. Some stocks may have some very enticing premiums but are very volatile. I tried this on Blackberry which was a huge mistake. I just really liked the premiums but I got stuck buying it at $15 a share.
tam2002
AG
Also I know it's a lot of reading but I'd read through the stock market thread here. I started after the crash last year, read that entire thread and asked a lot of questions on there and learned a ton
Deputy Travis Junior
Damodaran
SeaAg513
I work for a company called Simpler Trading, we are out of Austin and teach mostly Options but have a variety training material, I would recommend a book called Mastering the Trade by John F. Carter (our founder) as well as Trading in the Zone by Mark Douglas. If you'd like to send me an email with your trading experience and what you are looking to get out of it I'd be more than happy to get on a call and talk. Can't say I personally know the art of trading but I've been around this company long enough to know more than the average Joe. My email is Haden@simplertrading.com and this goes for anyone who's looking to get started or further your knowledge in Options/Stocks/Futures etc. You can also check out our website at simplertrading.com

I don't post on here often so if this isn't allowed I can edit.

P.S. I do have an exclusive 30 day trial to our Options room but you'll have to shoot me an email as it's not publicly posted, expires July 31st. Just let me know you're from TexAgs
Bob Knights Paper Hands
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
SeaAg513 said:

I work for a company called Simpler Trading, we are out of Austin and teach mostly Options but have a variety training material, I would recommend a book called Mastering the Trade by John F. Carter (our founder) as well as Trading in the Zone by Mark Douglas. If you'd like to send me an email with your trading experience and what you are looking to get out of it I'd be more than happy to get on a call and talk. Can't say I personally know the art of trading but I've been around this company long enough to know more than the average Joe. My email is Haden@simplertrading.com and this goes for anyone who's looking to get started or further your knowledge in Options/Stocks/Futures etc. You can also check out our website at simplertrading.com

I don't post on here often so if this isn't allowed I can edit.

P.S. I do have an exclusive 30 day trial to our Options room but you'll have to shoot me an email as it's not publicly posted, expires July 31st. Just let me know you're from TexAgs

Get us an exclusive with John Carter!
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
SeaAg513
Can't say it'll be exclusive to only John but he is a prominent figure in the room Tuesday's, Wednesday's, and Thursday's.

Here's a good read about his 2020 trading year, https://simplerjohn.medium.com/2020-a-recap-of-my-1270-18-2-million-trading-year-faa24a08c65d

If you want to check us out, shoot me an email and I can set you up.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I'm sorry, I wasn't clear. Get him to give a presentation to TexAgs! We are all fans of his work.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.