Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Medallion Signature Guarantee Assistance Needed

3,328 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by cadetjay02
cadetjay02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My mother passed away last year and I've been slowly dealing with the joy of executing the estate. She had some stock held with Computershare and they require a medallion signature guarantee to transfer. These are obtained at a bank branch, but I have USAA for banking. No problem, I'm headed to the coast for some fishing in a couple weeks and can swing through San Antonio.

I call USAA today and they inform me that they don't do those anymore. I call several local banks around me and they have them but won't do it for non-account holders.

I call Computershare and they're really sorry but can't help.

Does anybody have any ideas or a friendly contact in DFW that can help me out? I'm fine paying a fee as a non-account holder, just need to get this done.

For your troubles-
https://instagr.am/p/CQjJf8qBNLT
Casey TableTennis
AG
Easiest solution is if you have cash to open a new bank account. Open at convenient locale that provides this service. Of course know their rules/costs ahead of time.

I hate the STAMP system, but of course appreciate something needs done to limit forgery. It certainly seems like a good use case for a blockchain based solution.
NastyNate
I went through the same thing when cashing out some stock that was with Computershare. MSG's are outdated and not many people do them. I was able to get it done at Frost Bank however. I don't think every branch has someone who can do it but I'd call them. Not sure where you're located but if you're passing through a city with branches, just give them a call. I had an account with them at the time so it was free so they might charge you if you don't have an account with them.
SMM48
AG
Your nearest brokerage house can help. They may require you to be a client. Just tell them you will consider it but first things first.

Here for your Mom. Sorry bout that.
cadetjay02
AG
Neither Edward Jones or TD Ameritrade (both or which I have accounts with) offer this stupid medallion stamp. Heck, I already have an existing account with Computershare who wants this thing in the first place.

I'll look around a little over the next few days then I may end up opening an account locally and handling it that way.
Baby Billy
AG
EJ definitely offers this. You got bad info.
SMM48
AG
Here ya go. Try this.

272 in San Antonio.

http://www.msglookup.com/index.html
CBarrett12
AG
Concur with above poster, EJ most certainly does offer this. Not a day in/out process at your local branch, but it can be handled no problem.
cadetjay02
AG
Thank you for the Edward Jones info. I called my branch today and told them to call the home office and check with them. Sure enough, they will handle it for me.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.