Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Coin expert in DFW?

1,716 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BWnDallas
Bocephus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Have a friend looking to have a collection appraised and possibly sell some of his coins. Anyone know an Aggie in DFW they trust?
TAMU ‘98 Ole Miss ‘21
Outdoorag011
I'm two hours away from Dallas but I know coins pretty well and would be happy to take a look free of charge.
Irish 2.0
Houston Aggie that does coins

https://texags.com/forums/38/topics/3208721
Bocephus
AG
Outdoorag011 said:

I'm two hours away from Dallas but I know coins pretty well and would be happy to take a look free of charge.

Contact info?
TAMU ‘98 Ole Miss ‘21
cadetjay02
AG
Just to piggyback on this. I already sold most of my inherited silver coins, but have a bunch of foreign coins left. Is there any market for late 19th and early 20th century coins? Mainly Asian.
maddiedou
AG
I am definitely interested if you would like me to look at and see what he has

Thanks for posting I like looking at coins the only hobby i have that does not require work but just alot of money

maddiedou
maddiedou
AG
cadetjay02 said:

Just to piggyback on this. I already sold most of my inherited silver coins, but have a bunch of foreign coins left. Is there any market for late 19th and early 20th century coins? Mainly Asian.

I think I have replied to you before and I hope you find that guy but foreign coins are so hard to grade and get a value and I do have three forign coin books and still struggle for 5-10 min sometime just to find the value only to come up with a 10 cent value coin
maddiedou
maddiedou
AG
Ut also cadetjay. If you have a coin you are truly interested in because it may look like it has value. Send me the pictures and i will see what i can find
maddiedou
Outdoorag011
aggiebaseball011 at yahoo
HarleySpoon
AG
OPPM sent
CBarrett12
AG
Maddie, what is your email?

I also have a lot of foreign coins, however there are a couple that really peak my interest. They have nazi markings, etc. I would like to send you a few pics if that's ok.
maddiedou
AG
maddiedou
maddiedou
AG
maddiedou said:

Gdogprop@gmail.com

Or 979-820-1870. Gary
maddiedou
Pepper Brooks
AG
I found a few coins in my gmas office after she passed anyone know whether it's worth figuring out value on these?

Kennedy Half Dollars - various years in the 1970s, one 1991
US Dollar - 1979-80
A few Sacajawea dollar coins from the 2000s. One coin has george washingtons face on it.
Two quarters from 65 and 77. Five of the state quarters that were popular in the early 2000s.
Various dimes, nickels, and pennies from 60s to 2010s.
maddiedou
AG
Coin value. Except for the dimes before 64. If you have 13 you have about 23-25 dollars
Pepper Brooks
AG
Thanks.
BWnDallas
AG
We inherited a bunch of coins and would like to get them out of the house. The obvious fear is that something in the pile has real value.

just for example, there are us mint proof sets from about 1957 to 2010 or so. There are four "Brown ikes" in the brown sleeve. Some of the proof sets are the silver sets.

how would you go about getting t his done?
maddiedou
maddiedou
AG
You can email me or text me the pictures and I can give you a close number but you're not sitting on a gold mine she bought most of that stuff from Franklin mint And they produced thousands of what you have multiple thousands but again send me the pictures or make a spreadsheet
BWnDallas
AG
Thanks. I will try and put a list together this week.
maddiedou
AG
I will take some pictures and post them and that will help you this could get very time consuming for you and I can take some pictures and maybe cut down on your time give me a day
BWnDallas
AG
I put the list up on the other buying silver thread if you want to see it. This not everything, but is the list relevant to that topic.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.