Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Corp Dev Positions

1,601 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by jh0400
AlreadyCancelled
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone here in a role like this? If so, how difficult are these positions to find and how did you go about doing it?

Asking for a family member with big 4 m&a due diligence experience who's striking out with recruiters who are only looking to place them in due diligence roles at other firms.

Figured I might have better luck here over the job board.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Suggest reaching out to the exec recruiting firm Charles Aris. These positions are not hard to get, per se, but you need to have the right contacts.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
AlreadyCancelled
Thanks. Do you have a specific contact there?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
https://www.linkedin.com/in/stevenmstewart/

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
By the way, any big 4 alum, if they did it right, have a huge Rolodex of contacts, both clients and colleagues that can help them. Not trying to be critical, but it's sort of mind numbing to me that a big 4 employee would need a recruiter to get access to some of the companies they want to work for.

If they're an analyst, I can see the struggle, but if they were senior associate or higher, a shift in approach could be good.
trip98
AG
I'm a director in corporate development. I handle cash flow analysis for offer, due diligence, legal agreements and get deal closed. Also try to establish relationships with people who may want to sell.
Got the job via friend. Small team with little turnover.

Our svp was with Bain. He got his role by doing what 30k recommended.... Contacted places he did projects for that he liked.
AlreadyCancelled
Thanks for the feedback.

Edit: I'm scaling back replies to manage around daily posting limits. Keep the feedback coming, it's very much appreciated.
500,000ags
AG
Any tips on sprucing up a resume for Corp Dev senior analyst roles? I applied to a few with not much luck. It would be great to learn some things wanted on the resume that help make it passed the ATS and HR screens.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
This times 1M the best thing about the Aggie network plus big 4 is I always have an opportunity somewhere
jh0400
AG
Shoot me a PM.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.