Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Credit Score randomly jumping

1,396 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by MoreCushing4thePushing
MoreCushing4thePushing
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TecRecAg
AG
I monitor mine once a month or so. You have something going on with your credit and you should consult a professional.
jagged
AG
If you drill into the categories of what make up the overall score (credit used vs. available, oldest accounts, delinquencies, inquiries, etc ) does it not show any of those trending up or down?
MoreCushing4thePushing
AG
Troy91
AG
IMO, Experian is trying to drive traffic to their site to sell other services.

I don't think the free Experian credit score is used by anyone else.
JSKolache
AG
Just curious why monitoring? (Disclaimer: I have no idea what mine is and I don't really care.)
agcrock2005
AG
I'm in the middle of building a house and we're financing through builder. We currently have no debt but will finance the house. We pay off credit card every month and my credit wasn't as good as I had expected. Consulted Credit Saint to figure out what's going on and they let me know that I was getting dinged because while I was paying my credit card off monthly, when the credit card reported to credit bureau's was a week before my payment was due so the balance on my card was pretty high. I started paying my credit card twice a month and it shot back up to close to 800 in a couple months. I had no idea it worked that way.
agcrock2005
AG
JSKolache said:

Just curious why monitoring? (Disclaimer: I have no idea what mine is and I don't really care.)
I realize this is the business and investing forum so you probably already know this, but first thing that comes to mind is it can have a drastic effect on the interest rate a lender will give you on big purchases, specifically a house. It could be the difference between a 2.8 and 4% rate on a 30 year which could amount to tens of thousands of dollars.

EDIT: I didn't know what mine was either until I started to build our house late last year and found out it was lower than I thought it would be.
MoreCushing4thePushing
AG
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.