Business & Investing
Sponsored by

VoIP or Traditional Phones for Business?

1,063 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by jpd301
EvenPar
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We have a 3 location business all within 40 mins of each other and all with a different phone number. First location has 14 phones, second location has 6 phones, and third location has 1 phone. After hours we fwd to an answering service.

I've read that VoIP is cheaper, but after receiving quotes that does not seem to be the case for us.

What do you all recommend?
ChoppinDs40
AG
PM me. One of my portfolio companies is a technology solutions business that focuses on unified communications, I.e., commercial voice, data, and It solutions.

A managed VoIP system is what you need and we can certainly do that for you.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Look up ring central.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
padreislandagfan
We just launched a new business and went with NEXTIVA for voip main line.
The user interface is easy, and the virtual receptionist can route all calls and change up routing for after hrs.
It's very flexible and simple.
Cost is great with just a couple lines and routing calls. If you have 40 lines in a couple years, the price could be too high.
I think we have the main number routing to 5 lines and it's around $70 month. Each additional outside line you would like to route to us an additional $1 a month.

They let you pick any area code , so your business looks local.
They also have great options like call recording at the push of a button.

Hope this helps.
Stive
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Look up ring central.

This
mrm5932
AG
Feel free to hit me up. I have a few solutions I can recommend. I think one solution I have used would fit in their free category for your needs

jpd301
AG
We use 8x8 for our hosted/managed VOIP provider. I like it because we do not have on-premise PBX systems to maintain and I don't have to worry about SIP trunks or other architecture issues with my telco/data providers.

We have 7 offices, about 60 lines, and our reception functions are served by a single user that answers calls for all 7 offices. Has worked great for us over the years, and was cheaper than on-prem solutions once we factor in the capital costs of the actual pbx systems that we eliminated.

With that said, we will likely be ditching desk phones and 8x8 and moving to Teams for everything even our PSTN calls within the next 18 months. The pandemic forced use to Teams for so much, and got so many folks accustomed to headsets etc, that it also fractured our comms and significantly reduced our regular line use and general 8x8 usage vs video calls through teams. Teams will be a little more expensive than our 8x8 package but the increase will be offset by some of the other benefits of the added Microsoft 365 services that come with the bigger subscription.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.