Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Haynesville Shale Action

1,942 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Old RV Ag
bones75
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
A couple of questions for those that know the oil & bas bidness: In the last month I am getting calls and letters from land men and companies wanting to lease mineral rights, and offering real $$. Anyone have any insight as to what is going on? I haven't been able to find any news, except the rig count is up a bit. Also, is there a good way, other than talking with neighbors or knowing an insider, to follow what is happening?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Gordo14
bones75 said:

A couple of questions for those that know the oil & bas bidness: In the last month I am getting calls and letters from land men and companies wanting to lease mineral rights, and offering real $$. Anyone have any insight as to what is going on? I haven't been able to find any news, except the rig count is up a bit. Also, is there a good way, other than talking with neighbors or knowing an insider, to follow what is happening?

Natural gas is almost $3 an MCF, something that hasn't happened on a sustained basis for 2 years or so. That's probably the biggest thing.
Ribeye-Rare
AG
bones,

That's good to hear. The money flowing from 'investors' into shale drilling deals down in the Eagle Ford is still peanuts compared to what it was a few years ago. Of course, those boys in the Permian who have unleased (but good) acreage are still bringing in damn good money bonus-wise. (Although bonus isn't everything, as we all know).

To keep abreast, I suggest you sign up for the free 'Lease Alert' from courthousedirect.com for the counties in which you have an interest. They'll email you a monthly report on all the mineral / oil & gas related documents filed that month. Remember, sometimes the lessee's sit on these a while before filing to kind of hide their areas of interest.

You'll see who is signing leases and where they are. Get you a county abstract map and you can see what the 'experts' are currently interested in. You won't get any details money-wise from that, though. You'll need to talk to a local oil & gas attorney (or the lessors themselves ) or some landmen to find out that type of info.

Also, go check the rigcount from Baker Hughes and you can see the number of rigs working by RRC district. That report is free, too. That's more general information, though, rather than specific.

You can also do an online drilling permit search on the RRC website. Check out your counties of interest and look at the location and plats to see what's going on.

Since you've already been contacted, you may have some good stuff. Who knows? Sometimes even the operators don't, from what I've witnessed.

Let me know if you need links for those things. I don't have them handy at the moment.
bones75
AG
Ribeye-Rare said:

bones,

That's good to hear. The money flowing from 'investors' into shale drilling deals down in the Eagle Ford is still peanuts compared to what it was a few years ago. Of course, those boys in the Permian who have unleased (but good) acreage are still bringing in damn good money bonus-wise. (Although bonus isn't everything, as we all know).

To keep abreast, I suggest you sign up for the free 'Lease Alert' from courthousedirect.com for the counties in which you have an interest. They'll email you a monthly report on all the mineral / oil & gas related documents filed that month. Remember, sometimes the lessee's sit on these a while before filing to kind of hide their areas of interest.

You'll see who is signing leases and where they are. Get you a county abstract map and you can see what the 'experts' are currently interested in. You won't get any details money-wise from that, though. You'll need to talk to a local oil & gas attorney (or the lessors themselves ) or some landmen to find out that type of info.

Also, go check the rigcount from Baker Hughes and you can see the number of rigs working by RRC district. That report is free, too. That's more general information, though, rather than specific.

You can also do an online drilling permit search on the RRC website. Check out your counties of interest and look at the location and plats to see what's going on.

Since you've already been contacted, you may have some good stuff. Who knows? Sometimes even the operators don't, from what I've witnessed.

Let me know if you need links for those things. I don't have them handy at the moment.

Thanks for all that!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
deadbq03
AG
Another reason is this:
https://dtemidstream.com/location/louisiana-gathering/

This system has what I believe is the first North-South pipeline connecting Haynesville to the LNG plants on the coast. It went into service in the second half of 2020.

On another interesting note, my company has seen an uptick in mineral purchasing rather than mineral leasing in the Haynesville. I'm just a peon so don't ask me why.
tommyjohn
A local attorney can be a good source of info.

If leases are being signed some will for sure have come across their desk.
EnglishElhew07
Haynesville is in a bit of a renaissance over the last couple years. Where is your acreage and I might be able to point you in a direction of someone who can give you more information,
bones75
AG
Shelby County, Caddo Parish, Sabine Parish- thanks!
AgRebel08
AG
Geosouthern or vine?
nu awlins ag
AG
AgRebel08 said:

Geosouthern or vine?

I'd say both. I work for one and they are just starting to get a little busy....
bones75
AG
nu awlins ag said:

AgRebel08 said:

Geosouthern or vine?

I'd say both. I work for one and they are just starting to get a little busy....

Of course, the people calling won't name the E and P's that are behind them. One offer is to lease the mineral rights for a lump sum and another is bonus money then 3/16 any future royalties. I have little knowledge or experience with all this (inherited a couple of properties that have being paying a few tens of dollars).
Old RV Ag
AG
bones75 said:

nu awlins ag said:

AgRebel08 said:

Geosouthern or vine?

Of course, the people calling won't name the E and P's that are behind them. One offer is to lease the mineral rights for a lump sum and another is bonus money then 3/16 any future royalties. I have little knowledge or experience with all this (inherited a couple of properties that have being paying a few tens of dollars).
Unless your bonus lease money is outrageously good, 3/16 is a crappy royalty. 1/4 is pretty standard and 1/5 is the very low end but with multiple times increase on lease bonus.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.