Business & Investing
Sponsored by

A real conversation about Silver

15,252 Views | 157 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by HECUBUS
Esteban du Plantier
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Rendered Fat said:

Outdoorag011 said:

That $3300 you spent a few years back is worth $5700 at today's spot price. Pretty good return.

Damn! So should I hold on to them or liquidate them and buy a bunch of silver bars?

If I was holding 3ozt of gold, I'd convert to silver and then back to gold when silver hits 30:1.
agcrock2005
AG
Rendered Fat said:

Esteban du Plantier said:

Rendered Fat said:

Outdoorag011 said:

That $3300 you spent a few years back is worth $5700 at today's spot price. Pretty good return.

Damn! So should I hold on to them or liquidate them and buy a bunch of silver bars?

If I was holding 3ozt of gold, I'd convert to silver and then back to gold when silver hits 30:1.

Well, I went ahead and just bought five silver bars from the monument metal website OP linked for $5,036.30. Hope I don't get screwed!
You're really putting a lot of thought into this stuff huh?
Post removed:
by user
Esteban du Plantier
AG
Rendered Fat said:

agcrock2005 said:

Rendered Fat said:

Rendered Fat said:

Outdoorag011 said:

Well, I went ahead and just bought five silver bars from the monument metal website OP linked for $5,036.30. Hope I don't get screwed!
You're really putting a lot of thought into this stuff huh?

Lol, if TexAgs is wrong, then I don't wanna be right.

Might I recommend r/WallStreetSilver or r/WallStreetBets?
bearamedic99
AG
why are American silver eagles more costly than silver britannias?

aren't they both 1oz silver?
Esteban du Plantier
AG
bearamedic99 said:

Desirability plus the Eagles are backed my the American government.

I don't buy them because of that high premium. For government backed cheaper stuff, Australian kangaroo and South Africa Kruggerands are a bit cheaper, currently about $4 over spot.
Roll the Bones
AG
I posted this on the cross-forum post on F16 about silver, but thought some of y'all would be interested. I know it's not strictly investment related, but I love silver. It's beautiful...

I made these from some Morgan silver dollars, cut by hand with a jeweler's saw (it's a hobby of mine).

TxAG#2011
US Mint Delays Silver Shipments Due To "Global Silver Shortage" https://t.co/EPF539l8L1
Outdoorag011
Yeah I saw that. And somehow that news coupled with Biden wanting a 6 TRILLION budget yesterday made silver go down .50..... it's laughable at this point.
Esteban du Plantier
AG
Outdoorag011 said:

Yeah I saw that. And somehow that news coupled with Biden wanting a 6 TRILLION budget yesterday made silver go down .50..... it's laughable at this point.

I believe the chair of the CFTC called that 'tamping down' the price. Not manipulation, just tamping.
Post removed:
by user
SidsBurnerAccount

bearamedic99 said:

I don't buy them because of that high premium. For government backed cheaper stuff, Australian kangaroo and South Africa Kruggerands are a bit cheaper, currently about $4 over spot.

Mexican Libertads have low premium too
Esteban du Plantier
AG
SidsBurnerAccount said:

bearamedic99 said:

Mexican Libertads have low premium too

Where are you getting libs at low premium? They're going for at least 20 over spot where I can even find them for sale. Instantly sold out at the big dealers.
Outdoorag011
Libertads are great. But yeah they are super expensive right now if you can find them. I've never been a huge fan of the modern libertad. I like the older ones from the 80s. The Mexican mint produces some beautiful coins.

Pocket piece:

Post removed:
by user
HECUBUS
AG
We have been subscribed at the US Mint for the West Point Eagles since 2006. Got the first Morgans Monday and helped break the US Mint server. We only buy them for the kid's stocking stuffers. Also got the 100 year anniversary gold Eagles for graduation presents. If you add them all up, it's not much, but the percentage profit is not too shabby.

We have not had any of the coins graded.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.