Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Crypto Mining

1,035 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Madman
will25u
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Looking for some advice, and suggestions if anyone has any.

I used to mine DOGE coin back in the day, and had quite the stash of DOGE but I spent them on getting the DOGE car on the track, and just losing the remaining at some point in some long forgotten wallet. I even had 16k DOGE in the reddit tip bot. But I have no idea where I moved those either, or if I even did anything with them.

On to the present...

I have been mining at home using my PLEX server on the NiceHash platform. I started just to get an idea of what is going on, and to see if it is something I wanted to put more effort into.

I am mining on my dated(2013, Trinity CPU/280x)) HTPC, and my more current PLEX server. I know it is break even, or not profitable(probably) with my current systems. I have been mining on them for about a month now, and have netted a whopping 0.00037408BTC. I need to get to .0005 to be able to withdraw my BTC which I can withdraw to my CoinBase account for free.

I have a GoldShell HS1-Plus headed my way. It is coming from Hong Kong, and is set to be delivered on Friday(Cleared customs today). Again, this is to take another (small)step into the mining arena.

I want to get off the NiceHash platform and on to a regular pool. I have been doing some research and found that poolin has a 0% fee on HNS. So I made an account, and am ready to throw that info into the miner when it arrives.

My questions I have are as follows:

1. Poolin has their own wallet, which is touted to be a defi wallet. I can easily deposit my coins there and convert to other more mainstream coins like BTC/ETH. There is of course no fee to withdraw to this wallet. Anyone have any input on Poolin wallet?

2. What other wallet would be a good starting point to withdraw to? The only exchange I have an account on currently is CoinBase.

3. Any other suggestions/tips? I of course don't want to be paying withdraw or other fees whenever possible.

Thanks for any help!
Madman
AG
A co worker uses Nicehash. He is currently making about $40 a day mining ETH even though he is paid in BIT.

All I have to share.
Madman
AG
I spoke with my coworker today. He has I forget how many GPUs, not very many really, and is making about $40 a day with Nicehash.

I think his total all in cost was about $3-4K and he has broke even already and is in profit.

Not counting electricity but I doubt that is more than $1 a day.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.