Business & Investing
Sponsored by

ARKK

19,635 Views | 118 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Baby Billy
Johnny Danger
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone invested in ARKK to gain exposure to the Tesla's, Roku's, Square's, Teledoc's while mitigating risk associated with investing in these stocks individually? Any thoughts on this etf as a long term investment?
TexasAg21
I have a small amount of money in all the ARK ETFs and am a big fan of Cathie Wood. Being in healthcare, I especially like the genomics one.
Ted Lasso
Have significant exposure to ARKG and ARKW
Spaceship
AG
I'm in ARKK and will be in ARKG at some point soon.
Whitehouse Road
AG
Big fan of Ark and Cathie Wood. I am in ARKK currently.
tamcmsh
AG
Yes, good way to get portfolio exposure to large number of tech ideas in a somewhat balanced manner. Also like their fintech offering.
McInnis 03
AG
I'm in ARKF but may pull out of FCNTX and go more ARK. The fact that Cathie is beating Contrafund easily, speaks volumes.
SMM48
AG
Yes.

Have owned it since inception.

Both in etf form and private managed account.

70% Arkk/ark disruptive innovation
15% Arkg
15% Arkw
Monywolf
Cathy was the secret sauce behind AB Strategic Research. She has a long standing track record.
Frisco86
AG
Have 200 ARKK. Not much. Really a tiny position. But I am retired and work more toward passive cash flow. But it exceeds my expenses so I do invest more aggressive positions with other funds for capital growth. Have 1000 GBTC. Was in SQ, PLTR, GRWG, SHOP.

I do like 5G and have 1000 QCOM, 300 SWKS, 500 AVGO and others.

Best of luck

Patience and Discipline.

PS...want to enter cyber security, but waiting for a pullback as the Solar Winds fiasco super charged these stocks lately. Did get some FTNT and sold already. Had for 14 days and made 17%.
AggiEE
Good videos that have a second opinion (warning) on ARK

Frisco86
AG
that first video I did not get a warning per se. Although when a correction occurs it will be harder hit, but will also recover faster and higher most likely. As it was discussed about Peter Lynch...most investors did not have the gains of Lynchs fund. Why not? They leaped in after outstanding years and got out after it had bad years....thus missing the big gains when it recovered.

Lesson to learn. Stay in the market overall. Yes you may trim. Reallocate funds to stocks hit harder that. These are opportunities. You never know how fast it will recover. This recovery was unprecedented.

My Dad asked me in after market started going down if he should just go to ALL cash. He is in 80's. I said why? He said well the market is going down much further. I asked him if he knew when it was going up and if he thought it would go up. He said yes it will go up eventually and that it might take two years (he figured it would take much longer to get a vaccine - I was more optimistic). I said if you are really that concern, then take out 2 yrs worth of expenses and put in cash. The rest keep in the market in case it moves up earlier than you suspect. He never took any money out. He is ultra-conservative in his investing and is at higher levels than pre-pandemic. Now the qualifier. Past performance is not guarantee of future performance.

But these are life lessons. Yes you should have cash to sustain your spending long enough to ride out downturns. The rest keep in. That doesn't mean you keep in the same stocks. Reallocating is very important. There are always opportunities of oversold equities. JMHO.
Done7
I added $1k to my current ARKK position and another $1k in GINN(passively managed ETF in the innovative companies).
RogueAg
AG
Done7 said:

I added $1k to my current ARKK position and another $1k in GINN(passively managed ETF in the innovative companies).
Insert "That's a bold move Cotton" gif here.
Ornithopter
AG
Done7 said:

Did you catch a falling knife?
Done7
I bought my original position at $150 a share. So $1000 at $115 improves the appearance of my knife set.
Petrino1
Anyone buying this ARKK dip? I bought some more today.
Done7
I picked up 4 more shares at $113. I plan to pick 4 more shares eventually.
EliteZags
AG
sold a few K of VGT and got in at $108, possibly bottom?
TheGroupGuy
My take is you better be out of the ARK funds. They own sizable portions of many tech and bio/genomic stocks. They will depress these stocks seriously as they sell massive amounts to allow all the outflows being requested. They are a target as hedges hate Cathy Woods and they are shorting her funds as those very sizable portions owned make the funds and holdings very vulnerable as they are microcars and mid caps save Tesla. Read Zero Hedge for details.
https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/ark-invest-no-longer-disclosing-some-etf-trades-daily-trade-notification-emails
MrJonMan
AG
Well I don't like any of what you said. Still have ARKK and ARKG
Lone Star Pest Control Service, Inc. Call for special Pricing!
Baby Billy
AG
This article is utter stupidity
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I'm in on PRNT as of last month, and it looks like I pretty much chose the worst time to buy. It's done nothing but fall since then. I've picked up some more along the way, but kinda worried it'll be a while before it recovers.
TheGroupGuy
You might not like the data I'm sharing or you might think it's stupid. But you damn well better consider it in your due diligence. Investing broadly in ETFS during a correction is not smart. It's also likely to lead to results you will not like also.
https://seekingalpha.com/article/4411559-raiders-of-lost-arkk

I'm presenting facts data and logic here. Ignore it at your peril.
TheGroupGuy
ehrmantraut said:

This article is utter stupidity

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open your keyboard and remove all doubt.
TheGroupGuy
https://www.barrons.com/articles/ark-etfs-might-be-too-popular-for-their-own-good-51611234009

More data
Baby Billy
AG
TheGroupGuy said:

Investing broadly in ETFS during a correction is not smart.I'm presenting facts data and logic here. Ignore it at your peril.

You're presenting BS. The statement above says all anybody needs to know. Get off of here with that ****
Pepper Brooks
AG
I like Cathy Wood.
My horizon is 20+ years away.
I'll continue investing in her funds.
“There is no red.
There is no blue.
There is the state.
And there is you.”

“As government expands, Liberty contracts” - R. Reagan
Method Man
Got Wood?
AggiEE
NTXAg10 said:

I like Cathy Wood.

You'll continue to invest until her funds crash 80% and she closes up shop.

Doubtful she will last 5 years let alone 20
TheGroupGuy
ehrmantraut said:

TheGroupGuy said:

Investing broadly in ETFS during a correction is not smart.I'm presenting facts data and logic here. Ignore it at your peril.

You're presenting BS. The statement above says all anybody needs to know. Get off of here with that ****

So it's BS to stop accumulating an ETF while the market rotates into value and cyclicals and away from the very growth stocks ARK invests in which are being pummeled into losses by 10 year treasury yields that have risen from .94% in Dec to 1.5%+ now? I'll bet you buy a lotto ticket too.
Baby Billy
AG
That's not what you said.
ebdb_bnb
AggiEE said:

NTXAg10 said:

I like Cathy Wood.

You'll continue to invest until her funds crash 80% and she closes up shop.

Doubtful she will last 5 years let alone 20
4 of the 5 ETFs were created in Sept & Oct of 2014.
TheGroupGuy
ehrmantraut said:

That's not what you said.

It's precisely what I said Ark is totally invested in speculative growth stocks that you didn't know that is unsurprising
TheGroupGuy
https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/all-arks-etfs-saw-outflows-friday-except-its-flagship-innovation-fund
And as ARK's trade updates last week seemed to disclose, Wood's strategy doesn't appear to be changing. As we have been pointing out, that strategy appears to be selling large, liquid big cap names and rotating the cash into smaller, speculative, small cap names.

This can obviously become a negative feedback loop if the "strategy" continues and ARKK continues to plunge.

Recall, last week, well known FinTwit personality @Keubiko penned an article called "Raiders of the Lost ARKK", which laid out exactly how ARK's flagship ETF could find itself in hot water, quickly and without much notice as a result of compounding liquidity issues.

"It will be important to watch the daily flows in and out of this ETF, as outflows are currently modest relative to fund size, but could pick up pace if growth stocks continue to sell off," Keubiko writes. "It appears that, like Janus, the ARK phenomenon is yet another example of the same mistake that investors have been making for decades: plowing into investments and funds AFTER they have had an epic run."
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.